HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I recently purchase a p30sk LEM. Shoots fantastic, feel better than she shoots! The LEM is certainly different, however, I like it more each time I shoot. I do have a question though.
I noticed that the hammer apparently is hitting the polymer frame when fired. Now, it is barely touching but nevertheless it has made a mark on it. Is this normal?

·
Registered
146 Posts
That does not sound normal, and I think I read here on the forum that someone else had the same issue and had to have the hammer centered with the use of shims. I could be mistaken and it could of been a different forum, but in any event, I would investigate further......
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern, but I'm sure you'll get it worked out one way or another. Please let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does not sound normal, and I think I read here on the forum that someone else had the same issue and had to have the hammer centered with the use of shims. I could be mistaken and it could of been a different forum, but in any event, I would investigate further......
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern, but I'm sure you'll get it worked out one way or another. Please let us know the outcome.
Let me clarify. The hammer is centered in the frame. It appears that when the slide comes back during extraction it is pushing the hammer back far enough to barely touch the frame.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, let me try again.
When the slide cycles it is causing the hammer to slap the polymer on the beaver tail. It appears the hammer while being cocked as the slide comes back is being pushed down against the frame. I dont know how to post pics! :(
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Looks like there might be a tiny bit of scuffing there on my P30sk, but I can't tell if its from the hammer or just dirty. There's definitely no material deformation. Either way, I'm 100% sure it's not a problem if it is occurring. The hammer is not going to be damaged by the polymer, and the polymer getting worn or compressed at that spot isn't going to matter in the slightest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts