HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased a MR556 and am considering what handguards to put on it.
I realize all the different types available, but what are the “official” handguards to be used? What is the HK company recommending or selling to go on it? I’m rather prudish and want the correct type.

I don’t like the feel of the rails on my hands, I don’t like the Colt M4 because they are rather big, but nice looking. I don’t really like the ladder concept. The SCAR panels are nice but still big. I’m just not happy, BUT ABOVE ALL, I JUST WANT SOMETHING KOSHER that is suppose to be on it.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Hi,
Do you mean rail panels? Then Tango Down are right ones - HK rail panels are designed by TD.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi,
I realize all the different types available, but what are the “official” handguards to be used? What is the HK company recommending or selling to go on it? I’m rather prudish and want the correct type.

I don’t like the feel of the rails on my hands, I don’t like the Colt M4 because they are rather big, but nice looking. I don’t really like the ladder concept. The SCAR panels are nice but still big. I’m just not happy, BUT ABOVE ALL, I JUST WANT SOMETHING KOSHER that is suppose to be on it.
Wait for the Remington or Geissle HK416 rail systems to come out. They feel great in the hand without rail panels of any sort.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I did not know that. How much do the TD rail covers vary from the very hard to find HK 416 rail covers?
TD keeps rights for panels on US market, so HK can not sell them in US officially.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
TD keeps rights for panels on US market, so HK can not sell them in US officially.
I sent a message to tango down to inquire about the availability of HK marked rail covers and this is the reply I received so I do not think they are making the covers fir HK.

"No we do not.... HK ripped off our design.

Thank you,

Todd Smith TangoDown, Inc. [email protected] "

·
Banned
879 Posts
I sent a message to tango down to inquire about the availability of HK marked rail covers and this is the reply I received so I do not think they are making the covers fir HK.

Thank you,

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Thank you,

Wow, this was the full reply?

Is it just my thinking or do the majority of firearm gun shop owners/associates have poor customer service attitudes that would not fly in any other type of legal retail customer based business?

Kind of a similar attitude that most owners of pawn shops have...

Sorry for the jacking OP.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Wow, this was the full reply?

Is it just my thinking or do the majority of firearm gun shop owners/associates have poor customer service attitudes that would not fly in any other type of legal retail customer based business?

Kind of a similar attitude that most owners of pawn shops have...

Sorry for the jacking OP.
Well, considering that this probably isn't the first time they've been asked this question and considering that they are still probably upset that a major firearms manufacturer stole their design, I think that in this case, this is fully justified. I know that if I were in their place i'd be pretty pissed.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

Thank you,

This is what I know. Actually it is not as easy, TD sent you short version of story. TD designed them for HK, but then companies went in fight. Because TD did not patent protect it outside US, so HK decided just to use it. But HK can not import panels to US, because this would violate TD IP. TD will blame HK, HK will blame TD. Actually I'm with TD on this side - I know how it is when you make project for big company and they use law tricks to not pay you for your work and IP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts