HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a holster to a local guy and he told me about these display boxes he makes. I had him make a couple for me. Here is the one for my P30:

He can etch just about anything into the glass cover or put a photo in place of the glass. The foam cutout is laser cut for an exact fit.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very classy looking. Reminds me of all the humidors I have sitting around my place. How much did this cost you? I might be game for one or two, hehe. Javic and I are from NY. We have crappy gun laws but excellent tastes, LOL :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That is a really nice case. Are these something he makes and sells? or a one time special deal for you? If he makes and sells them please post a link or contact info. I would like to get some made. There is also a guy on UZITALK who might need a coffin for a screwed up G3 build!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No lock ... I will need to install that myself if I want.

This box cost me about $50. I also had one made for a Sig P226. He says he can etch just about anything in the glass.

If we have enough interest to buy here, I'll post something in the accessories for sale area (if it's OK with Tom)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If your looking to see if there is an interest.
I would be very interested in 2 (1 for the P30 and 1 for the HK45).
Please keep us up to date.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If your looking to see if there is an interest ...
OK - as soon as I hear from Tom or a moderator that it's OK to start a "Handgun Display Box For Sale" or "group buy" thread, I will (and will include the contact info for the builder of the box). I'd like clearance first as this is not specifically an Hk item and I have high respect for Tom and his site.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I want one!

I want one for my OD green USP Tactical .45 and a Colt Govt. Model - I will pay $75 each.

How does he get the outline so precise? Very cool!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... How does he get the outline so precise? Very cool!
He traces the gun (and whatever else you decide to put in there) as it is laid out on a piece of paper in the display position. Then he takes the paper into his magic laser room and comes out with the foam cut to an exact fit ... ????

I had to take my guns to him. I assume an out-of-the-area buyer could trace the layout on paper themselves and mail the paper to him, then communicate via email for the etched glass graphics.

I will pay $75 each.
Not necessary ... $50 each was my cost and, I assume, anyone else's

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sweet case. I might be interested in one. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very nice...that guy could do a nice business here...He would need all these guns though for "tracing" purposes lol. I am sure once he makes one he keeps the outline? Very nice though...would be in for one if he can do the M13

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK - Here we go. I got Tom's blessing to proceed with offering these up for sale here.

Like I said in the post(s), I paid $50 for it and the cost is the same for everyone. The $50 includes the glass etching and foam lasercut. If you want a metal nameplate engraved, that will be extra ($10 I think).

I will be getting details on how to order them from the guy as soon as I get back into town (Jan. 1st or 2nd). I'm thinking he will tell us how big the foam is and out-of-towners will need to trace their desired cutout onto a piece of paper that size. This is the way they did with my gun at his shop. As for the glass etching, start looking for and saving the graphics to email him. I'm asking him to type out some ordering insctructions for everyone ... I'll post the instructions and his email here.

One more thing --- The seller offered me a 15% commission on what he sells here. I do not want and will not accept that money. I will propose a donation to the website (hkpro.com) equal to what that commission would have been.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts