HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John Woo's Hard Boiled not only prominently features the HK MP5 as the sort of catch-all submachinegun, but also features lots of obscure or rarely-seen firearms like the FAMAS and the Calico M960.

But what I was really surprised to see was the main villain holding a P7M8 (or M13...) to the undercover cop's head at the end of the movie. At first I thought it was some model of Glock due to the squarish backend of the slide, but then they had a good shot of the trigger guard and the P7Mx's heat shield was plainly visible. I was like, HOLY CRAP! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT IN A MOVIE!

I'd post screenshots but I only have the PS3 copy of the movie that comes on the Stranglehold disc, and that won't run on my computer :/

·
Registered
163 Posts
...the main villain holding a P7M8 (or M13...)

I was like, HOLY CRAP! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT IN A MOVIE!
Tommy Lee Jones had one in "Under Siege".

No action movie fan can forget the original "Die Hard", and Hans Gruber used his HK quite well...

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
You should also check these out:
Action Jackson
Acts of Betrayal
Armageddon
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Black Moon Rising
DOA
Dogma
Gotchya
Great Expectations
Isis Blue
Judas Kiss
Lady Jane Killer
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Mr Murder
No Code of Conduct
Point of No Return
Positive ID
Six Million Ways To Die
The Dead Zone
The Bodyguard
The Devil's Own
The Wedding Crashers
Tomorrow Never Dies
Trancers 2
True Lies
True Romance
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Whats The Worst Thing That Could Happen
Wild Geese 2

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tommy Lee Jones had one in "Under Siege".

No action movie fan can forget the original "Die Hard", and Hans Gruber used his HK quite well...

Hmm... I watched Under Siege, but that's got to have been like 6 years ago or something (before I could legally own pistols...)

And Hans Gruber.... damn... I guess I wasn't paying attention :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
John Woo's Hard Boiled not only prominently features the HK MP5 as the sort of catch-all submachinegun, but also features lots of obscure or rarely-seen firearms like the FAMAS and the Calico M960.
FAMAS? That's odd, I have this movie on DVD and I don't recall seeing a FAMAS anywhere in it. I do recall seeing Norinco Type 86 rifles (Chinese bullpup AKs) in the hands of many bad guys at the end...you sure you didn't mistake those for FAMAS?

Also, just to be nitpicky, the Calico is actually quite common in action movies from the 90s...i.e. "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Robocop 3", "Total Recall", "Virtuosity", and a whole bunch of others.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FAMAS? That's odd, I have this movie on DVD and I don't recall seeing a FAMAS anywhere in it. I do recall seeing Norinco Type 86 rifles (Chinese bullpup AKs) in the hands of many bad guys at the end...you sure you didn't mistake those for FAMAS?

Also, just to be nitpicky, the Calico is actually quite common in action movies from the 90s...i.e. "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Robocop 3", "Total Recall", "Virtuosity", and a whole bunch of others.
Hmm... Norinco Type 86 would make a whole lot more sense :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I remember corectly there was a P7 varient used in the adventures of ford farlane as well. When the record producer shot his wife it was with a P7. Not that I am proud to admit that I remember seeing this movie.

·
Registered
198 Posts
There was also an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" (can't remember episode name, but I remember it had that woman who played the DA's assistant on "NYPD Blue") where the suspect they're tracking used a P7 to kill one of her rapists...and they even referred to it, by name, as a P7 in the episode!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts