HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with hard chrome. Is it any good? Is it worth the money to have it done? Does it take a away from the vaule of the gun? Who does it?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
There are several out there that do it. For Hard Chrome I would recommend Tripps. I don't think it takes away any value in fact for someone that likes it the process adds to the value. I think it is very good and there are a few others here that have had it done to pistols too. Definately makes cleaning time easier.:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I will be getting my P2000 and P2000sk back from CCR refinishing. I will post pictures when it comes.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Not familiar with them ever had work done by them before? What is the pricing like?
Brad at CCR does very nice work. His finish is one of the cheapest available at $170 which includes a magazine.
http://www.ccr-refinishing.com/

That I like what did that cost if you don't mind me asking.
Tripps is $215 for their finish. Magazines are an additional $15 each (+ S&H costs). The Brushed Flats with Matte Rounds looks great in the pictures but even better in person. I am extremely happy with the work they did on my P7M8. Excellent customer service and super fast turn around time (just under 2weeks from the day I sent it in to the time I got it back).

Tripps redid their website which looks very nice especially compared to the old one.
http://www.trippresearch.com/

·
Registered
93 Posts
I second the remarks of Mark71 and add my recommendation of Virgil Tripp's work. He turned this one around for me in less than two weeks, and the work is flawless:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Robar has a finish thats kinda like hard crome, it's called NP3. If you're interested on how it looks I'll be posting pics when my VP70 gets back. I will be about 8 weeks till it gets here.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
+1 For Virgil Tripp - a gentleman and hard chrome guru

Click thumb-nails for the biggies...hehehe :p

Hard chrome .USP 40, snuggling with a USP stainless .45. Virgil Tripp put the serrations and Cobra Chrome on the .40sw

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When they hard chromed the barral, does the inside (Bore) get hardchrome too and does this make it more durable and or accurate?

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
When they hard chromed the barral, does the inside (Bore) get hardchrome too and does this make it more durable and or accurate?
Only the exterior of the barrel of the USP .40 is finished in hard chrome, the bore cant be chromed because it would make it smaller than .400 in this case, causing a CF (Catastrophic Failure)

Hard Chrome also adds to the value of the weapon.

*Thanks guys!*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts