HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious to see who here hard chromed their P2000's and if they can post any pictures. I tried to search on here but the thread that showed up had the pictures removed.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
P2000 looks great in hard chrome - wow!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mambro thanks alot...first time I've ever seen a P2000 hardchrome. Looks sweet!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tripp

I thought so too. :)

These were done by Tripp Research:

http://www.trippresearch.com/

I don't know if the folks that had their P2000 slides done with hard chrome also had the extractor and other small parts done in Tripp's black "Cobra Coat", but that works well too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What a looker! It looks like another great job by Tripp's

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Tripp does all my hard chrome

Tripp does all my hard chrome (Cobra Chrome), I have him to the entire top end. Slide, barrel, slide stop. Others do hard chrome slide and extractor in black Cobra Coat, that looks good too. I figure if Im spending the money/time - Im having all heavy load bearing parts done. :)

*Click thumb-nails for full size image*

·
Registered
46 Posts
More of that, please....

Kost,
Looks very nice! Bonus front slide serrations too. ;)

Please post a shot of the other side, and another one with the slide locked back to show the barrel.

:)

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
None with slide locked open - sorries.

Let see some more hard chromed P2000's!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wanna see the inside of the slide, and barrel on these chromed P2000. I wonder how the quality of workmanship on the inside.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wanna see the inside of the slide, and barrel on these chromed P2000. I wonder how the quality of workmanship on the inside.
I have never heard a single bad thing about Tripp from anyone, the quality is impeccable Im sure. I believe Tripp is the T in STI, hence the STI executive being hard chromed by Tripp Research.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
The chrome inside looks like the outside - its put into a solution, so the chrome is deposited evenly.

STI - Strayer Tripp International. Tripp founded the company, and later sold it to a long time friend/business associate, Sandi Strayer. Tripp Research does all the hard chrome on STI pistols...some costing $3400+

The quality Cobra Chrome on my USP's, STI's and custom Colt 1911's costing $3000+ is the same, its beautiful as you can see in the photos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have never heard a single bad thing about Tripp from anyone, the quality is impeccable Im sure. I believe Tripp is the T in STI, hence the STI executive being hard chromed by Tripp Research.
I didn't imply Tripp's doing bad work, I just want to know if the inside and outside is the same. Often the areas not visible do not get the same care as the outside, as apparent in my other non HK guns.

Any issues with functioning of the pistol after the finish?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I didn't imply Tripp's doing bad work, I just want to know if the inside and outside is the same. Often the areas not visible do not get the same care as the outside, as apparent in my other non HK guns.

Any issues with functioning of the pistol after the finish?
havent heard anything negative about fit or function, but call him, they are very nice to talk to on the phone. Im thinking about sending my USPf to them.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
My Colt 1911's wanted about 200 rounds minimum to run flawlessly, the chrome does add some to dimensions, on an all steel pistol it makes the fit very snug. I just use a good synthetic oil every 25 rounds until its running good, then I switch to a thin film of slide grease.

The USP's are fit alot looser, and all mine run 100% after the hard chrome from first shot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man that is nice, I am actually thinking of sending my p2000sk to a former colt engraver and having some minor tasteful engraving done on it and then sending it Tripp for that sweet Cobra Chrome finish!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts