HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so after I've inserted a mag into my p2k sk, racked the slide, taken out the mag, loaded one more round to top off it is hard to put the mag back in. I have to slam it home- is this normal? Also the mag release is difficult if there isn't a round in the chamber- again- normal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm assuming that you're loading to full compacity. I have a USP Compact and it is the same for me...not overly hard though, just requires a firm seat. It is also the same for ejecting the magazine. It's because there's more tension on the magazine spring on a loaded magazine vs. an empty one...like M16, m9 or any other magazines. (From your picture, I'm assuming that you're a marine) Semper Fi!!!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
My Glock 19 does this, albeit I just need to push a little harder to seat the magazine fully in the gun. Also, I do not +1 the gun and I just chamber the first round off the top of the mag each time.

Typically you will be ejecting an empty mag. from a slidelocked and fully empty position. Therefore slight difficulty ejecting a full magazine seems like a non-issue to me. As long as the gun easily ejects empty mags. when the slide is locked back and the chamber empty then don't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts