HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a question for you guys..

My USP Expert has the extended (finger groove) hard polymer floor plates. ... Doesn't HK made a more malleable extend rubber-like floor plate? I believe I've seen this on the P2k...

Which models come with the hard and which with the soft?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Which models come with the hard and which with the soft?
I believe the original USP magazines had a hard plastic floor plate. A lot of people complained about them breaking when they practiced a speed reload or shot competition and dropped the magazine to the ground, so for the HK45 and HK45C they went to a rubbery floor plate that doesn't break. Currently the rubbery kind is what's listed on HKParts for both the HK45/HK45C and the USP in .45ACP - magazines are interchangeable in that caliber. You can still buy just the hard plastic floor plate if you want it but it doesn't come with a magazine - you have to buy a magazine with the rubbery floor plate and change out the floor plate.

Some users (I'm one) have one magazine with the hard plastic floor plate from the USP to use as a carry magazine in the HK45C. I prefer it because concealment clothing doesn't snag or bunch up like it can with the rubbery floor plate.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. So I imagine if i buy new mags (unless old stock), they will come with the rubber. I don't have an opinion either way, so not a big deal. I'll have to get some and see how they handle.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he's saying that if you buy USP mags or HK45 mags from Hkparts, they will ship the appropriate model mag to you with the rubber floor plate. . I've actually never seen any sort of USP with rubber, only the hard polymer like mine.

Guess they don't ship out pre-assmbled hard floor plate mags anymore?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you saying that HK45/HK45c and USP .45 magazines are interchangeable?
Yep. The two factory magazines that came with my HK45C are stamped HK45C USP 45 C right on the rubberized floor plate.

On HKParts they sell the exact same part number for both the USP 45 and the HK45; the magazines I bought from HKParts are identical to the ones that came with my pistol.

The plastic USP floor plate on my carry mag is only stamped USP 45C but it fits the HK45C magazine.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Duh, now I see the finger rest model.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yep. The two factory magazines that came with my HK45C are stamped HK45C USP 45 C right on the rubberized floor plate.

On HKParts they sell the exact same part number for both the USP 45 and the HK45; the magazines I bought from HKParts are identical to the ones that came with my pistol.

The plastic USP floor plate on my carry mag is only stamped USP 45C but it fits the HK45C magazine.
I know USPc .45 and HK45c (not HK45) mags are interchageable, but your post said USP .45 (not the compact) hence my question.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Floor Plate

I purchased my USP45CT about 18 months ago and all 3 mags have the rubber floor plates. The bottom of the plates are marked USP45C / HK45C.

·
Banned
353 Posts
I think HKParts sells just the rubber floor plates. I have seen them on there for the compacts...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know USPc .45 and HK45c (not HK45) mags are interchageable, but your post said USP .45 (not the compact) hence my question.
Toosixy- I was indeed referring to full-size.

JR956678- So the current full-size USP and HK45 mags from HKparts are the hard plastic?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Would it be unwise to coat the hard polymer with a rubberized compound? That way it will absorb some shock during the fall.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would it be unwise to coat the hard polymer with a rubberized compound? That way it will absorb some shock during the fall.
good question.. I don't know. I think it's one more thing to wear off. I think the actual rubber floor plates work bc they flex if dropped. don't know if just a coating would do much good. Probably more effective and easier to just buy the real rubber plates if they are available for your gun.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Toosixy- I was indeed referring to full-size.
JR956678- So the current full-size USP and HK45 mags from HKparts are the hard plastic?
No, the HK45 mag floor plates are rubber-like, unlike the USPf .45 mags, which are hard plastic.
The post by JR956678 is misleading. The HK45C and USPc (c as in Compact) 45 use the same mags, but USP 45 full-size (read- full-size) and HK45/HK45C mags are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks TooSixy. So the hard plates like my gun came with (Expert .45) which obviously uses full size USP .45 mags are still the hard ones. NOT the rubber ones.
Thanks for clearing this up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts