HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a NIB recent production USP Compact recently, do the date codes on the frame and slide match? I want to order a NIB USP Compact V. 1, but a local dealer told me that he's seen some recently with different date codes on the frame and the slide. Is he right?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My USPc .40 has an AG code on the slide and an AE code on the frame.

Frame, slide, and barrel serials match.

I've been wondering about that...

·
Registered
26 Posts
my date codes were different too

I bought a USPc 9mm V1 a year ago. The Slide is AG and the frame AE. It doesn't bother me because the USP has been very fun to shoot, accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Supposidly this is normal. My AA code 40 Compact has an ii coded frame.

Slide AA=2000
Frame ii(lower case)=1999

Just for S's and G's one 10 round magazine is coded id(lower case)=1998

This is before HK changed their Date Code policy. I can see your Frame being made in 2004(AE) and your slide made in 2006(AG). Nothing wrong with it, just production runs at different times and then stored until assembled.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pretty common...

Has anyone bought a NIB recent production USP Compact recently, do the date codes on the frame and slide match? I want to order a NIB USP Compact V. 1, but a local dealer told me that he's seen some recently with different date codes on the frame and the slide. Is he right?

I have 4 USPC's and they are all AE date coded. The slide and frame date codes match on every one of them. Having said that, I've seen quite a few with unmatched date codes-- doesn't mean a thing.

HTH;

ARKAY

·
Registered
35 Posts
Supposidly this is normal. My AA code 40 Compact has an ii coded frame.

Slide AA=2000
Frame ii(lower case)=1999

Just for S's and G's one 10 round magazine is coded id(lower case)=1998

This is before HK changed their Date Code policy. I can see your Frame being made in 2004(AE) and your slide made in 2006(AG). Nothing wrong with it, just production runs at different times and then stored until assembled.
What is this changed date code policy?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I have USP and USPC pistols going back to 2000 and several of them have miss-matched frame and slide date codes. That is very common and not something that one needs to be concerned with. So long as the frame and slide serial numbers match all is well. Quite often HK uses slides and frames that were made in different years so the miss-match does not affect the pistol one way or the other nor does it affect the pistol's value.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger.....no beef here:300000000:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
I have an USPC 9mm with an AK date code on the slide AI on the frame. Serial numbers on barrel, frame, and slide all match.

I didn't even know that date code was there till 2 minutes ago so I can't tell you the significance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I never noticed a date code on the frame of my USPc .40 stainless. I just looked at it (including taking it down) and there is no date code on it as far as I can see. Any ideas?

Joe

·
Registered
570 Posts
I never noticed a date code on the frame of my USPc .40 stainless. I just looked at it (including taking it down) and there is no date code on it as far as I can see. Any ideas?

Joe
Ditto for me too, I've looked at my P-2000, and my USP, and can't find a date code on the frames....

·
Registered
20 Posts
i looked on USP40f frame, and there is some weird date code (or at least where the date code on my USP40c is), it looks like "le"... any idea what that is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
just picked up my P2000 on sat. AK on the slide and serial numbers on the barrel,slide and frame match.I also have the DE after the after the serial number on the slide.No date code on the frame.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The last new HK I bought was a USPc in 40 with an AG on the slide an AF on the frame, my brother and I have consecutive pistols and both have the same marks. This whole date code thing has been taken way too far, these pistol's have been great from the start! And by the way I carry a KH USPc45 daily

·
Registered
96 Posts
The last new HK I bought was a USPc in 40 with an AG on the slide an AF on the frame, my brother and I have consecutive pistols and both have the same marks. This whole date code thing has been taken way too far, these pistol's have been great from the start! And by the way I carry a KH USPc45 daily
Where is the date code located on the frame? I have looked mine over and cannot find it.

Would someone please post a pic of a date code on a frame?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts