HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
While searching for a usp 9 or a P30S I bought a used full sized USP .40. I have never seen sights like this before. This kind of creeped me out, so much so that I had new sights installed (Trijicon NS). Made me feel like my would be assailant had as good a sight picture of me as i have of him????

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case you hadn't noticed, this is the same set of sights, with three dots on both the front and back of them. I have/had other USP's and never saw them like this from the factory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't.

Mine all came with trijicons, but the HKs I've seen with factory 3 dots only had them on one side.

Are the dots different sizes or in different positions on the sight itself (height from top edge)?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Never saw that before! . . . and the dots on the "assailant-side" are higher, closer to the top edge too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It almost seems like it was a tunnel drilled all the way through with white rods inserted. I know I bought it used but they look like the original factory sights.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but I think the older HK sights came with holes drilled for aftermarket tritium vials. They were filled with white dots for those that didnt want tritium.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If that's true it could make sense. It is a KF date code pistol, really can't get much older!!! My other usp is an AE and that one's didn't have it(too new?) and I have sold my other usp's so nothing else to compare it to. Either way, I swapped them out with the Trijicon’s and swapped the ones on my other one with the meprolight's to see which I liked better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts