HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking my HK45 and doing the light LEM mod to it. I have 1100 rounds through it, so I have shot the gun and so far I'm happy with it. I love the SA trigger pull weight but not so much the DA.

I read a lot on the forums about how much better the LEM mod is and would like to know if anyone has ever done the LEM mod and ended up going BACK to the standard DA/SA configuration and why.

What would be ideal is if I could find a shop that has an HK with the LEM mod first before I decide to do it, but that isn't guaranteed. I tried the Cabela's here in Allentown but no dice. Same with every LGS here. Who knows, maybe I'll luck out and find a shop at home that has one when I finally leave Allentown this weekend.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty members here who live in OH that can meet up with you and let you try LEM before you buy it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Sure, but they're not on this specific forum. Other forums, yes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Gotta be a gunstore in OH that stocks H&K. I know they're in the minority as far as gunstores, but there has to be one. After fingering LEMs and shooting my Glock 19 way better than my V1 USPc .45, I'm convinced Light LEM/hybrid is the way for me to go.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Switched my USP V1 to the LEM/Match hybrid about two weeks ago. Really like it and consider it an improvement, but will likely get the rest of the components so I can try out the Match trigger out of curiosity. The modularity of the USP series is great.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is it that every gun shop I have called today is either closed or has weird hours?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Why is it that every gun shop I have called today is either closed or has weird hours?
Gunshops tend to have odd hours in general, just the nature of the business, espeically in more rural areas. Might wanna give H&K CS a call, maybe they can point you to a real H&K dealer, best way to fondle some H&Ks with LEM triggers.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
While I'm not technically switching back to DA/SA, after 100 rnds through my HK45 Light LEM - I am going to sell it. I have replaced it with a new USP Expert 45 w/ a match trigger. I know 100 rnds is not enough to fall in love with the LEM, but the Match trigger on my Tactical is just too hard to abandon.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I tried a P30 in light LEM and while nice, I just couldn't get used to it properly as all my other pistols are DA/SA, so I went back to the standard DA/SA that I am used to. That being said if you can get used to doing it, the Light LEM seems like it could go places.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm preaching the gospel here kids; the best thing to do is put in a 10lb wolf USP spring. It's like a whole different gun. I've nearly accepted the gay long reset. I have nearly 10k rounds through my P30L now and I haven't had a light strike with any ammo I've used.

For 8 bucks, give it a shot. If you you still hate it then jump on the LEM bandwagon.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Fin, Feather and Fur in Ashland stocks HK. How far North are you?
I'm in Willoughby, pretty much right about 1/2 mile from lake Erie. I tried giving Top Gun Supply a call yesterday but they were closed. They are only about a 15 minute drive from where I live and I figured since they are a supporter of the forums I'd give them the courtesy first. They are who I got my new sights from and was happy with the way that order went through. I'll give them another call today. Like I said, I have a few days before I make my way home anyways so I'm not in a major rush or anything. I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll make the drive to Ashland tho try one if they have it in stock.

Edit to add: I just realized you were referring to Ashland Ohio right off of I-71! I'm a dumbass, I thought you meant Ashland Kentucky originally!!! I feel like an idiot!! Hehehehe

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got my first light LEM USP a few months ago. Prior to that I had 3 others in da/sa, one with a Bill Springfield trigger job. After 2 weeks of light lem, I decided to convert the other 3. Given your dislike for DA, I'd say light lem is a no brainer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
I'm in Willoughby, pretty much right about 1/2 mile from lake Erie. I tried giving Top Gun Supply a call yesterday but they were closed. They are only about a 15 minute drive from where I live and I figured since they are a supporter of the forums I'd give them the courtesy first. They are who I got my new sights from and was happy with the way that order went through. I'll give them another call today. Like I said, I have a few days before I make my way home anyways so I'm not in a major rush or anything. I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll make the drive to Ashland tho try one if they have it in stock.

Edit to add: I just realized you were referring to Ashland Ohio right off of I-71! I'm a dumbass, I thought you meant Ashland Kentucky originally!!! I feel like an idiot!! Hehehehe
TopGun doesn't have any LEM HK in stock for you to try. The only one that they have in stock is the USPc .45.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
PYROTECH clean out your PM's so I can reply to your question about this thread.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nope. But the haters call it a bandwagon. Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
lol, I don't mean it derogatory, I just mean if people are like me and like the da/sa there are options. I don't hate LEM it's just (EDIT:) not worth it to change over for me when I shoot V3 just as good. :0)

·
Registered
311 Posts
lol, I don't mean it derogatory, I just mean if people are like me and like the da/sa there are options. I don't hate LEM it's just worth it to change over when I shoot V3 just as good. :0)
Different strokes for different folks, but I think the point is, some of us aren't big fans of DA/SA like the OP and I. I always prefered my Glock trigger to my USPc, but have to admit, the LEM is pretty sweet and might just prefer it to the bang button on the Glock.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I tried out LEM on my sk and didn't care for it one bit. That was a factory variant 2 (heavy LEM). I was constantly pulling down on my shot in the last of the pull thinking it was taking forever to release. I went back to DA/SA but kept reading here about how much LEM was such a great option. So I gave it one more chance -- but first I replaced the TRS and FPBS to a variant 1 (light LEM). That made all the difference in the world. I was now able to pull smoothly through the trigger to the break without that last gotcha at the end and my shots were going (more or less) where I was aiming. I liked it so much that I converted my HK45c to light LEM -- luckily I didn't have to mess with the TRS on that one! I've also picked up a 9mm P2000 in light LEM so I have all the major calibers covered (sk is a .40 with a .357 barrel to swap out). Of course, I've been bitten pretty hard by the P7 bug, so that's mostly my fun guns at the range, but for serious practice, I'm back to LEM all the way.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts