HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pondering an SD build which got me thinking how to hang a light on it. Then I started wondering if anyone has ever done an M-LOK handguard for the SD. I realize the SD shroud gets hot but there are solutions out there that fit into M-lok slots. Anyone
Office supplies Tool Auto part Metal Household hardware

·
Registered
733 Posts
Picatinny isn't M lok. And except for the 12 oclock position isn't picatinny kind of a step back at this point?
Nope. For something like a front grip you have more options for where it gets placed. The other problem with mlok is the space behind that is required. The suppressor backs up too close to the shroud where it wouldn't work unless you increased the shroud's size.

·
Vendor
446 Posts
It's definatly something that could be done, the question is would there be enough of a market to justify the R&D costs, tooling and production of these? ROI would need to be good for someone to go into production of a product for such a limited market.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
That compromises an already pretty thin factory cage unless you run that hg all the time.

You had also better be running a pretty slim can.

I wouldn't do such an undoable mod to such an expensive build. Basically your redoing half the gun to undo it at a later time.

No thanks.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
I bought a B&T thingie that goes in front of the shroud and gives you three or four 2-3" rails.
Easy on and easy off for when it's light all the time in Alaska. Really like this solution.
I just looked for it at B&T and on Google and can't find it so maybe it's not B&T or it's been discontinued?

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
I bought a B&T thingie that goes in front of the shroud and gives you three or four 2-3" rails.
Easy on and easy off for when it's light all the time in Alaska. Really like this solution.
I just looked for it at B&T and on Google and can't find it so maybe it's not B&T or it's been discontinued?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hard to say one way or the other. Looks like it can accept rubber handguard, B&T and the Mlok one too. Doesnt look factory shroud thin, although it does have quite a bit of material removed. Since its not my money, I'd say go for it if that what you want and report back!

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Reactions: GregAB
1 - 17 of 17 Posts