HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a bad experience with the 20rd Promag. My USP45's slide would not release or close properly. I didnt want to damage my pistol so I didn't try to force it. I didn't bother calling Promag for a new one, I was annoyed with their product and just cut my losses.

I've heard others have positive experiences though.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Promag is the Hi-point of mag makers. That said I have no personal experience with them but have heard plenty of negative accounts of them and no good ones. Based on that I didn't even bother to give the a chance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I almost picked one up at a gun show (passed on it) bought some used HK factory mags instead! Would you load 20rds of your favorite SD ammo and trust your life to this mag? I doubt it....I know I wouldn't! For plinking around....sure why not! Everything I have ever heard about promag was not positive. Interestingly enough the reviews on HKparts.net are very positive.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So my friend had one gave it to me I figured it's free what the hell but before I shot it I swapped the followers for a HK USP factory one been 500rnds without a hiccup so far so good I guess I may get another and do the same but to be honest that would be it these are kinda big I would be happy if HK would make a 13 or 14rnd capacity mag that only stuck out a 1/2 like Mecgar 20rnd mags that is what I would be intrested in yeah wish Mecgar would get into the HK game!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The only success I've had with Promag is it works great with my CZ compact in 40. My LGS gave the Promags away when I bought the gun. Reliable as hell. But, I'm quite certain it's by accident, not design. All other Promags I ran thru my Sigs, HKs, Berettas, and S&W's were abject failures.

How Promag is able to stay in business where quality is a lottery process defies logic.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would be happy if HK would make a 13 or 14rnd capacity mag that only stuck out a 1/2 like Mecgar 20rnd mags
Get the +1, +2, and +3 USP45/Mark 23 magazine extensions from Solum Tool to use on the factory original 12-round HK USP45/Mark 23 magazine. Same reliability and durability as the factory H&K magazine. You will not be disappointed.
I prefer the +2 as the best combination of capacity and handling qualities.

https://solumtool.com/collections/all

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a promag work wonders on a Ruger P89 before..... As far as I can remember that is it for a good memory.

I have no confidence in a promag 12 rounder for the USP45, will not drop free. It came with the gun, it is sitting somewhere in a drawer.

I also give a thumbs up for Solum Tool.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nope.
Stock or nothing.
If you can’t end a threat in 10 rds of 45, u shouldn’t use a pistol for HD.
GET AN AR OR AK.

Reactions: ca survivor

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd be interested for trying on in my Mark 23 but "Promag" never leaves a good taste in my mouth...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have two of them and haven’t had problems with either one BUT I use them at the range only. I’ve got around 300 or so rounds through each mag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts