HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing great things about this IWB holster, but I'd like to hear some genuine feedback on it before buying into what could be a very elaborate PR campaign..

What IWB / CC holsters have you tried and liked?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Try asking this in the Saddlery section...

THE SADDLERY

You will get better responses over there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i dont have personal experience with that particular model . but in the hybrid type holster game they are some of the best . if you dont have experience with a hybrid (kydex/leather ) holster i think you will be pleasantly surprised .
i know lots of folks wearing crossbreeds and they love them . in fact ive never ever heard a bad remark about them and i researched alot when picking and building holsters and am a member on a concealed carry forum where this comes up alot . i make my own that are similar and i love mine . ive carried a cz po7, full size 1911 and sig p238 . so thats double stack, single stack and micro and they all carry awesome in these / and mine are subpar the quality of a crossbreed .
only thing ive ever heard mention was personal taste with the crosses on the belt clips ,some say its a dead giveaway that your carrying to those who know what they are ... but who cares

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have 3 of them and they have replaced my shoebox of holster I have collected over the years. Very comfortable and adjustable for the perfect fit/cant. In the winter and fall I have no problem concealing my USP FS 45. Holster choice is very different from person to person and I have few collecting dust that were "highly" recommended by others that just didnt work for me. Crossbreeds has a 30 day return policy so I say go for it and see what u think. I would be hard pressed to buy any other type for ccw purposes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have 2 of them one for my p2000sk in 40 and usp compact 40 . they are great and comfortable. would highly recommend!!
one with combat cut ,one without.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had 3 of these, but not for my HKs.. They're the best fitting/wearing IWB holster for me (Side note, I'm tactically padded)...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Recently got one for my 1911 and also one of their IWB Mag pouches. Loving it so far. Does take a little bit of time to break in, but so do all leather products. Taken me ssome time and too much money to find something that works.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have one for my p2000sk9 and it's a very good holster. I am only comparing it to the cheap blackhawk inside the waistband holsters as I have nothing else to compare it to since I just got into the CHL game. The good: Very comfortable. Metal clips. Easy on/off. Adjustable. The bad: It sags alot if you don't have a really thick supportive belt. The leather backing just makes it worse. I had a 5.11 nylon cheapie belt and no matter how much I tightened it, it would sag below my waist on one side. I had to order the blackhawk instructors belt for it to stop the problem, and that belt is a beast!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I bought one when I first got into CCW. I have never shopped for another since. It's the perfect bled of materials... Leather backing for comfort and kydex for slimness and moldability. I bought one for my P2000 but have carried my P30L and HK45C in it too.

They have a 30 day try it policy (as mentioned above) and a military discount (read the faqs).

IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Supertuck. But holster selection is a very individual choice and YMMV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info guys. Going to go ahead and order one (planning also on ordering a Colt New Agent in .45 with trench sights.... Don't get me wrong, I love HK, but on my small frame they are just far too difficult to conceal.. even the HK45C)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently use the Crossbreed SuperTuck Delux as my concealed carry option 99% of the time as it is by far the most versatile and, most importantly, the most comfortable holster I have EVER used. First of all I will begin by saying that this is perhaps the most ugly looking holster I have ever seen but don’t let it fool you, you will probably never find a better CCW holster. I carry an H&K USP Compact Tactical chambered in 45 cal which we can all agree is no small or light compact weapon. I am a resident of NY State which means no open carry so CCW is a must 100% of the time. Everything about this holster is geared for comfort. First of all you can get it in cow or horse hide. I went with the horse hide as it doesn’t absorb moisture as much which is perfect for those who don’t use an undershirt or if you live in a hot-humid climate. The clips on the holster are greatly separated which means more even distribution across your belt which prevents sagging and discomfort. After about one week of wear the holster form fits to your body adding to the comfort. The clips on the holster are adjustable meaning you can adjust how high or low the weapon sits in comparison to your belt line. As the name suggests this is also a tuckable holster meaning that you can tuck a shirt in while maintaining 100% concealment. I have been using this holster for approximately 1 year now and I have never had one instance where the gun became loose or even came close to falling out and just as importantly I have maintained minimal “printing” in that no one has ever noticed my carrying of the weapon. My wife, who knows that I carry all the time has trouble determining if I am carrying it or not, that is how good this holster is. The only negative I find, and this is a downside of ALL CCW holsters is that in my car I find it to be slightly uncomfortable because of its seating position although when I get in my work truck this discomfort almost disappears! All in all this is the best CCW holster I have ever used!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts