HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HK USP 9mm EXPERT, that I might have to sell, due to arthritis in my hands. Someone told me I should keep it for awhile, because they are discontinued and difficult to find, and therefor it's destined to increase in value as time goes on. Has HK actually stopped making them, or are they just not exporting them to the U.S.?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just bought a new Limited run 45 Expert from Mike at Cross Creek guns for 889.00. I should pick it up today. Really excited about this

·
Registered
166 Posts
They still make them but only import every so often. When the stock becomes depleted here they do become harder to find and prices will rise but not like if they were discontinued.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work for an HK Master dealer, the experts are still being made, just in small batches. If you order one at the right time you can have it in mere days, time it wrong and it can be months.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine should be on the way pending FFL info. I am looking forward to it. The price is right too and I believe he has a few left.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
The original group buy is coyote point armory, I got a 45 from them as they had batches of 90+ but going fast, I think they still had 20-30. And Cross Creek had a couple. Ammo Bros has some too but a little more than $899.

Shockwave

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
The original group buy is coyote point armory, I got a 45 from them as they had batches of 90+ but going fast, I think they still had 20-30. And Cross Creek had a couple. Ammo Bros has some too but a little more than $899.

Shockwave
I bought two of the 45s, one from Coyote Point (second one) and one from Ammo Brothers (first one). They were night and day experiences. With Coyote Point the service was impeccable; I recommend them w/o hesitation. With Ammo Brothers, it was a disaster. I did the pre-buy with $500 down. In between the pre-buy payment and the final payment for deliver, my credit card changed (replaced due to fraud) and then I could get no one to answer a phone or an email for 1 month to make final payment and get it shipped! People in their stores cannot help you because it is their "internet sales," which is somehow separate and divided by some bloody firewall. Probably 50+ phone calls and not a single one answered. Voicemail: "this mailbox is full." I eventually had threaten them via email with have the credit card company to reverse the charge to get someone to call me. By all means, think long and hard before going with them.

As for Mike at Cross Creek, his service is always A+. (He was not selling them when I bought my two.)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I have a HK USP 9mm EXPERT, that I might have to sell, due to arthritis in my hands. Someone told me I should keep it for awhile, because they are discontinued and difficult to find, and therefor it's destined to increase in value as time goes on. Has HK actually stopped making them, or are they just not exporting them to the U.S.?
They are not discontinued friend.
USP Expert and Elite guns still show up off and on.
It's USP Match that appears to be discontinued :frown:
A NIB stainless 9mm USP Match should be worth some coin :wink:

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
They are not discontinued friend.
USP Expert and Elite guns still show up off and on.
It's USP Match that appears to be discontinued :frown:
A NIB stainless 9mm USP Match should be worth some coin :wink:
All this said, to the OP, the expert isn't necessarily the easiest to replace again if you are looking for some spare cash, and then would buy again down the line. Sell a couple p30s or vp9s or a bunch of glocks, but your gun, your money... Best not to sell an HK you desire to keep!

Shockwave

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought two of the 45s, one from Coyote Point (second one) and one from Ammo Brothers (first one). They were night and day experiences. With Coyote Point the service was impeccable; I recommend them w/o hesitation. With Ammo Brothers, it was a disaster. I did the pre-buy with $500 down. In between the pre-buy payment and the final payment for deliver, my credit card changed (replaced due to fraud) and then I could get no one to answer a phone or an email for 1 month to make final payment and get it shipped! People in their stores cannot help you because it is their "internet sales," which is somehow separate and divided by some bloody firewall. Probably 50+ phone calls and not a single one answered. Voicemail: "this mailbox is full." I eventually had threaten them via email with have the credit card company to reverse the charge to get someone to call me. By all means, think long and hard before going with them.

As for Mike at Cross Creek, his service is always A+. (He was not selling them when I bought my two.)
Are you kidding me!?!?! That is exactly what happened to me with Ammo Brothers. I called them repeatedly and they either A. wouldn't pick up the phone, or B. Tell me it was an internet order and to call a different store. Finally I just threatened them like you said and magically my gun was shipped. Really wish I would have waited for the group buy. Still an awesome pistol.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Are you kidding me!?!?! That is exactly what happened to me with Ammo Brothers. I called them repeatedly and they either A. wouldn't pick up the phone, or B. Tell me it was an internet order and to call a different store. Finally I just threatened them like you said and magically my gun was shipped. Really wish I would have waited for the group buy. Still an awesome pistol.
Thankfully mine is coming from Coyote Point Armory. Whewww :11000:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Came across a HK Expert 45 at a local gun shop last week.
Is AI date code with black Hk nylon case . In new condition with 2 twelve rd.mags.
Payed $900 which I thought was fair price.
Can't wait you shoot it.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Experts rock, I got mine with the black Eagle case and a green HK rug!

Yall shout out next time you see Elites brought in to the states, I still need one of those.

HK Ag

1 - 17 of 17 Posts