HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd put a few pics of my recently finished M13 in a new thread so HKpros can feel free to trash it without junking up the Official P7 pic thread. Birdsong Green-T with FDE cerakote HK NOS plastic. This pistol will see heavy range and class use, along with its Black-T counterpart. Go ahead, haters, crack open a hateraid, kick back and let me have it for ruining such an expensive pistol lol. Before you get too carried away, though, it was pretty trashed to start with. Hopefully somebody will like it. Of course, I do, so it doesn't matter what you punks think. :350:
MeanGreen - 5.jpg
MeanGreen - 6.jpg
MeanGreen - 7.jpg
MeanGreen - 9.jpg
MeanGreen - 4.jpg

Thanks to James for replacing all the broken parts and making this tired old pistol like new again, as well as coordinating with Birdsong. He had nothing to do with the color scheme...he'd probably want me to point that out lol.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow, very impressive finish work! My only complaint are the night sights. I am not a fan of night sights on P7's because they usually don't shoot straight after they are installed. P7's have seven different front sights that vary in height from 6.4 to 7.6mm. Aftermarket sights only come in 3 heights at best. HK designed the P7 sights to accept Tritium capsules in place of the factory white inserts. There are a couple of places that will replace the white inserts with Tritium capsules.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Quote : He had nothing to do with the color scheme...he'd probably want me to point that out lol.

Now that's funny.

Your gun you get to choose the color. Looks like it will be a good shooter for you, it might not win a P7 series beauty contest, but I have never seen one like it so you have a unique P7 M13 there.
Keep us posted on how the finish holds up.
Wait I have a name for it the GI Joe M13

All kidding aside enjoy shooting the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Have never gagged looking at a gun before till now. You could literally shoot the s**t out of it. I love it.

·
Maximum effort
821 Posts
Ballin! I like it.

I was thinking of something similar with the M7, but I might go with a Deadpool themed refinish instead. :350:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
That is just awesomely beautiful!!! I thought about doing something like that to my P7, but looking forward , I should.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I like it! You are probably like me with plenty of original factory, so to customize an HK you are going to use makes a lot of sense to me.

I still think the MP5, 53 and 33k would be alive if HK would have offered rail options, folding front sights, and options for optic mounting that made sense and the market liked. The AR/M16 would have died in the 70-80's if it were not for custom work dreamed up by people.

Keep dreaming up custom work for these great HK guns.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Man, that's just like slappin' 22" spinners on a 69 Dodge Charger!

Jk, I'm envious as I have exactly zero P7s at this point.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I just wish I can find a nice P7 that's right for me.
I like the refinish work, provided that it holds up well, although, I myself would have gone with a dark drown for the grips.
Thanks for the good pics. If one has a worn out P7, why not color scheme it as desired. Its a refinish anyway, might as well personalize it and make it unique.

·
Maximum effort
821 Posts
I came across a P7M13 a while back that looks like it has seen at least 10,000 rounds. The guy I got it from said the previous owner had really gotten his money out of it. The only thing that had bothered him was the silly extended, factory threaded barrel it had come with. He cut it off with a hack saw and didn't even bother re-crowning it, just kept blasting away. :confused::redface:

So yeah, I'll probably do some type of cool refinish job like yours on my P7M13SD someday.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I think most of us were just waiting for Straightgrain to lock the thread and ban you, so they didn't bother commenting.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts