HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally not use to the trigger of this firearm. I'm use to the glock with the 3.5 trigger with consistent pull everytime. Is there a match trigger i can get for my USP? If so where can i get one? Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
You can contact HK Customer Service directly about getting a Match Trigger or LEM trigger. You also send to to HK CS for installation as well, which is what I would recommend being that your USP is an older date code, they may have to either update the catch for a match trigger to work or put in a match trigger that works with an older catch.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I thought Match Triggers worked with all USP 45's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The LEM would be your best bet if you are wanting the same trigger pull every time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Former Glock user = HK LEM (law enforcement modification).

I have never had trouble with the heavy DA to lighter SA transition. Sure I enjoy a DAO weapon so long as the pull is reasonable and somewhere around the 7 pound range. The HKs trigger is heavier than some others offered commercially, put in some dry fire snap cap time, like I had to and you will see a change in very little time. You should find the LEM conversion what you're looking for if the double/single is not your cup of tea.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The match trigger can be put in all .45 USPs. It is only the very early 9mm and .40 that you have to worry about. If you like the Glock 3.5 so much then you would more than likely want the light 5 pound LEM trigger better than even the match since it will still have a 4.5 pound SA pull and 10 pound DA pull.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The match trigger can be put in all .45 USPs. It is only the very early 9mm and .40 that you have to worry about. If you like the Glock 3.5 so much then you would more than likely want the light 5 pound LEM trigger better than even the match since it will still have a 4.5 pound SA pull and 10 pound DA pull.
If you put the LEM on a variant 1 USP then would you have to eliminate the safety and decocker?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Safety no, decocker yes. You can add the LEM and keep the safety but the decocker would no longer work nor would you want it to. If it did you would be right back to an 11 pound first shot pull and a 5 pound second shot pull. In that case might as well keep the V1.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Safety no, decocker yes. You can add the LEM and keep the safety but the decocker would no longer work nor would you want it to. If it did you would be right back to an 11 pound first shot pull and a 5 pound second shot pull. In that case might as well keep the V1.
Thanks for the info! I just got myself a USP Expert in .40. It has the da/sa. Is it hard to change from the existing da/sa to LEM? Can i do it myself or should a gunsmith go the job?
Where can i order the LEM 4lb trigger for my .40 expert?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
See the tacked thread in the Handgun board about doing the LEM trigger conversion with safety or the tacked thread which has the instructions for doing the LEM conversion. It is the same for both the USPC and the USP. The lightest LEM trigger you are likely to get is about 4.5 pounds and some find that too light.
As to doing it yourself or a smith, that depends on the person and his/her skills at following directions, tools on hand, patience, and mechanical aptitude. Read those two posts and you can decide for yourself if this is something you want to do or would rather send it to HK for the conversion.
One point to make, doing it yourself will void the HK warranty so if you do screw up, it will be fixed on your dime, not HK's.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
If you are getting the entire LEM kit, you already have all you need. Follow the directions in the LEM Conversion with Safety thread and do not replace the firing pin block spring or trigger return spring, use the springs already in the pistol instead of replacing them with the ones that may come in the kit. The CDNN kit does not include the FPB spring so if you do the conversion, keep the standard TRS instead of using the kit TRS you will get about a 4.5 pound pull.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot for the help! How do you like your LEM on your USP? I might leave my expert stock with the match trigger and put the kit in my stainless USP.45f. Since my USP.45f is a KI year will the LEM still work?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
On working in the KI I think it will since it is a 98, that is not that old a gun. I have seen absolutely NIB pistols on the shelf in the last year that were 99 KK guns. I am almost certain it has the two-piece catch and am pretty certain that if it has the rubber tipped hammer you are good to go.

I carried my USPC .45 for 4 years and it was a V1 and I was extremely happy with it. As I have written before I did not care for the LEM on the P2K and SK but I must admit a prejudice against them from the start since they were .40s and I am not that big a fan of the 40. When I converted my USPCT clone to LEM and actually got to shooting it, I fell in love with the LEM light trigger. After a few months I went ahead and converted my carry USPC .45 over to LEM also and have not looked back. I have been completely won over to the LEM and a lot had to do with a evaluation I did for Tommy Thacker (FastUSP on this forum) on his custom LEM conversion for competition guns. I was so impressed with his work that I decided to give the LEM another chance on the CT clone, and that did it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have the p2000 in LEM. is it manufactured in 8.5 lbs pull? can i upgrade it to a lighter pull with the LEM kit or is it just the replacement of the FPB and spring?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
More than likely your P2K is a V2 with the 8 pound pull. You do not need a LEM upgrade kit. What you need to get are two springs, the TRS and FPBS, to replace the ones in your pistol. See the tacked thread at the top of the Handgun forum about doing the LEM trigger job. It is the same trigger job done on the LEM be it in a P2K/SK or USP/C. IF your pistol is an 05 or later you need different springs than those used in this post, but the new springs and part numbers are listed on the very first post of the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts