HKPRO Forums banner

Have guns will travel...

17K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Wayne 
#1 · (Edited)
Any members in mississippi out there?

Give a shout.

#5 ·
Not sure about the range in Byram. Is it outdoor or indoor?

I normally shoot at Surplus City in Clinton, although is is retarded expensive. (3 people to shoot, one box of bullets per person, and 3 targets was $70)

What kind of HK's do you guys shoot?

USPc here. Looking at a USP Tactical maybe.

#7 ·
There is a great range in Byram but you have to be a member. I think it is $100 for the first year and then $75 for the next year if you want to join let me know and I can give you some names to contact out there. have everything from pistol range to 200-300 yard rifle range. you have your own key to the gate and can take guest for free.

let me know if you guys get together to shoot and I will try to get up with you guys

Drew Hollis

It is outdoor

#8 ·
I live in Philadelphia. No ranges that I am aware of round here. Don't get to plink as much as I would like but when I do get to, I go to my folks place in Carthage.

Murf

#10 ·
Gun show this weekend means range trip soon !!!!!

Got to take my daughter to MSU Saturday and get her moved back in for this year. Gonna try to make the gun show Sunday after church. Anniversary next weekend. Hopefully I will have something new to take to the Byrum range the next weekend after that. If it's not too HOT outside !!

Family, work, and weather sure do get in the way sometimes.... :)

Wayne

#11 ·
Wayne,

Hear ya loud & clear... ...I'm broke. I would love to go, got several things I would like to pick but we just had a baby.

On the flip side though, once you get past all the smack talk - a gun will never love ya like your family - it ain't no USP or Mark23 fixin ya breakfast in the morning or lying next to ya at night - well, OK, your gun might lay next to ya, but you know what I mean - Anyway, those guns will never touch your heart like the smile of your baby or when your kid hugs ya cause they want to - And, unless you are a Pro-Shooter, your guns won't pay the rent and make your livin for ya.

Na... ...I think you and I will be right where we need to be tomorrow. If i was closer I might would see you at the show on Sunday but Philadelphia is too far for a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants trip like it would have to be... ...got church that night too... ...not enough time to take it all in in such a narrow window of opportunity.

Hope its cooler for ya with all the moving you'll be doing. it is supposed to be from what I hear.

Murf

#12 ·
Weather was hot, traffic on campus was terrible, schedule was no good, but got her moved in anyway.

Went to the show Sunday afternoon, prices were amazingly high. Things that should go for $450 were listed for $600. Entry cost is up to $7 now instead of $5.

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything. Even reloading supplies were expensive. A box of WLP primers was $20.

Only saw a VERY few HKs, and a couple of Sigs. Some Kimbers. All overpriced. A lot of AR-15 types.

Been saving my pennies for a new gun, but can't afford (won't pay) the asking prices on the stuff at these gun shows.

Oh yeah, get this....

I went to Van's (locals will know). They had a USED USPf 45 for $799.00.

Enough griping.

Later dudes...

Wayne

#14 ·
Weather was definately hot... ...not at all like the weatherman expected. Oh well, not the first time they've got it wrong... ...don't cha just imagine how God is laughing sometimes at our predicitions.

Anyway, for me, gunshows are not for buying weapons anymore and for the same reasons you just mentioned. I only go looking for accessories and as you have already stated, that stuff is too high now with the ocasional deal being the exception.

Several years ago I did manage to pick up an AR-15 for $750 when they were going for around $950. Surprising to me I found it at the Jackson Gun Show and not the Great Southern show. I also saw one of the Walther P22s for like $150 (at the Great Southern) back last year. As soon as I spotted it a guy stepped up and bought before I had a chance. So I know there are a few deals but they are very few & far between.

Murf

G
#15 ·
There are a couple more of us here in Jackson who shoot our USP's out at Surplus City a couple of times a month. Drop me a line if you're gonna go to the range. I'd love to hang out with some other HK Mississippians.

We haven't tried the outdoor range in Byram yet, but will probably head down this fall.

Happy shooting!

#16 ·
Just spent the weekend shooting at Byrum. Saturday I took a young man from the office that had never fired a gun and taught him to shoot. Had a blast. Sunday morning, wow what a crowd. There were two different matches going on. I still managed to find a spot and spent a while burning powder. Went back Monday morning and finished off my ammo.

A very relaxing weekend. Great weather. Had a lot of fun shooting the plates. Did some 50 yard shooting.

Now I have a full week ahead of reloading.....

Add to all of that a visit from my oldest daughter (at MSU), some grilled burgers and a Mississippi Braves game. It was a GREAT weekend!!!!!

Later...

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.