1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've been following that seller for a while (His username used to be @HKloverboy on Gunbroker ) and this seems abnormal, not sure if he just inflated them so they purposely dont sell or what? Obviously those prices are outrageous.

·
Registered
487 Posts
and this seems abnormal, not sure if he just inflated them so they purposely dont sell or what? Obviously those prices are outrageous.
This guy must be trolling. $39k for an upper receiver...
There is some weird sh!t going on GB in the last year, pre sample prices are stupid high and some things being sold just dont make sense. Hell there have been stuff going for 3-4x higher than "normal."

Yes prices are high due to the free money but something is going on with some sales. There is a discussiion on another board it is money laundering/hiding sceme of some type between LLCs and the brokers. You "buy" assets from other companies at a inflated price, now you have XX dollars in inventory you can use as collateral or financial gain to get investors to go in on. The seller only list the loss at a original price. I know some LLCs have multiple FFLs that come and go with rental locations and a lot of inventory gets transferred w/o law letters.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's HKLoverboy? Noted. Thanks.
Yes, I didn't even realize he was on this forum - I have had a saved GB search named after him for a long time, and after a while I realized it stopped going to the account named HKLoverboy and started going to the account named blackoutarmory; he changed his GunBroker account name at some point - I think he must have gotten an FFL cause before that point it looked like he was selling what appeared to be personal stuff but now he seems like a dealer

Here's a for sale post he had on this forum, same distinct background he uses in all his photos - also appears to still be for sale on his GB account

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Maybe he wants a buyer to contact him directly so he can make a deal and not have to pay the seller fees on GB. Just a thought.

·
Registered
433 Posts
He was last on here nine days ago under that username.
Maybe he's on VACA and he just didn't want to delist so he bumped the prices so he knew they wouldn't sell; but then again, there's other items he's got at normal ish prices so who know 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe he wants a buyer to contact him directly so he can make a deal and not have to pay the seller fees on GB. Just a thought.
That was my other thought - I've done that a few times, those GB fees are ridiculous for seller and buyer. I just listed some stuff for the first time in a while and I feel like a **** charging so much but I gotto cover those fees somehow

·
Registered
197 Posts
if I could post a smile face with googly eyes, I guess this will have to do o_O

Good lord have mercy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts