HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumor that older USP firing pins have a tendency to break. Have yours ever broken and if so at what round count?Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I broke mine in my KK USP 40. I probably had about 6k dryfires and about 1500 rounds. It broke while dryfiring as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
never broke mine in over 5k rounds, it was used when i bought it and it's been sold. never did too much dry firing, but I did have a all aluminum snap cap

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, I had two broken pins in under a years, and it doesn't matter if you have snapping caps or not. I now have the redesigned firing pin installed. Time will tell if it's Nay or Yay

·
Registered
188 Posts
1997 USPC

In .45 and fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
USPC firing pin

The firing pin broke on my USPC Stainless 9mm after aprox 5k rounds. HK replaced the part for free with the newer P2000 firing pin. HK customer service hinted at the fact this is not entirely uncommon, hence the redesign of the part.

Otherwise my HK has been flawless. But I am lucky that it broke while I was practicing, and not under worse circumstance.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
No broken parts on any HKs.

As well as my friend who has had 6k+ rounds with his USP .45

·
0 Posts
Broken FP on a Compact .40 with LEM at around 6800 rounds. Pin was replaced with the P2000 part. I paid to have the P2000 parts installed on two 9mm Compacts as well. With these upgrades, I once again feel confident in owning a fantastic, bet your life on it pistol.

Bill

·
Registered
600 Posts
Both P2000's of mine are fine, never a prob. date code on my oldest P2000 is AD (2003) with 9000 rounds thru it.

Yes, it get dry fired. Yes, it is my 'beater' gun...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Both P2000's of mine are fine, never a prob. date code on my oldest P2000 is AD (2003) with 9000 rounds thru it.

Yes, it get dry fired. Yes, it is my 'beater' gun...
The P2000 never hard a problem as far as I know, it was just the USP's they had different designs prior to sometime before 2005.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Broke the firing pin on my AC-dated USP9 after about 3000 rounds. The gun was never dry-fired without snap caps.

This redesigned FP that you guys are talking about – is it directly interchangeable with the original one or do you also need a new FP stop, spring, etc?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Broke the firing pin on my AC-dated USP9 after about 3000 rounds. The gun was never dry-fired without snap caps.

This redesigned FP that you guys are talking about – is it directly interchangeable with the original one or do you also need a new FP stop, spring, etc?
For the P2000 firing pin assembly you need to replace the block, springs, etc. Big bore seems to have a good handle on it (surprise surprise), Im just trying to paraphrase what I read. If you do a search he gave a good amount of detail about it.

·
Registered
188 Posts

1997 USPC .45 and fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I broke the firing pin spring of my AG date coded 9mm P2000.
I shot over 700 rounds through the pistol.
I made thousands of time dry firing and used snap caps all the time.
I replaced the firing pin spring and while trying the hammer bite function, I observed that the trigger action improved considerably without the firing pin block and its spring. I left the the pistol as it is with a little bit compromise in safety by only relying upon the half cock intersept safety notch:D .
Regards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm the original owner of a first year build KD USP40 (1993 build) with 25,000 or so rounds through it, and probably no more than 1000 dry fires, and it's still trucking along strong. The only change was the original huge magazine release to a smaller magazine release (done by HK factory in 94 or 95). No problems here. Move along citizen.

__

1 - 20 of 26 Posts