HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Beautiful Stainless USP Compact 9mm!
Nothing wrong with that, hard to find those older date coded examples in that condition, congratulations!
Enjoy and watch that front sight! =)

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I could have bought the expert I’ve been itching for, for just a little bit more but the stainless slide in 9 has been elusive to me for quite sometime…..does hk sell stainless slides a la cart?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Absolutely... just recently paid $1200 for an all-German HK45 in OD Green and I also want a USP45 in stainless. Congrats on the acquisition, it looks great!
OD Green is so damn nice. I just bought a stainless USP45 this last weekend! Good luck on the hunt, it's a beauty.

But to answer TC's question, yes definitely. That USPc stainless 9mm is definitely bucket-list, wish I could find one!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a moment of "lock it in the safe and buy an all black uspc to beat up" when I finally got home. Now it's in my holster lol. Will see how she runs this weekend. I hear with these expensive ones you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have just the perfect medicine to make the pain go away. It’s called Ben Franklin. Hit me up if you have buyers remorse. Congrats on your addition.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
The market is a fickle bunch. I remember the time when the stainless USPs came out. Nobody wanted them and they wouldn't sell, being even more expensive than the already overpriced black finish USP. A kid (yes, kid. His dad had to take delivery of the pistol.) I used to work with back in the mid to late 90's actually won a stainless USPc 9mm in some sort of contest. Never fired it, sold it rather quickly, IIRC. His dad was an HK fan at the time but carried a Glock 27 for some reason. He didn't even want the gun.

Today people are paying over full retail for the things. Latest diamond coated squirrel? I have no idea but I've seen this a bunch over the years and HK fans are some of the worse for it.

The OP's new pistol is a gem and I've wanted one for some time, being a fan of the compacts and carrying a .40 for a few years before I moved on to other things. Congrats on the acquisition, do let us know how it runs. I seem to recall some sort of complaints about reliability in this very pistol back in the day but only with the SS 9mm, never other calibers.

As to the OT, someone above said it perfectly. If you've bought an HK, you've over paid for aesthetics. Count me in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts