HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my new HK45 today after my long waiting period. I played around with it and like many others am pretty impressed. I plan on taking it out and shooting it Saturday. So I sat and read through the owners manual tonight and I am shocked no one has posted this yet...............(Mind Blowing part at the end, read it all!)

Before I give you the hot topic, the owners manual starts out giving you a nice history of the HK45 and how it replaces the USP and has many improvements over the USP series. They talk about the military contract it was designed for etc. and many mentions comparing it to the 1911. I noticed one line that was interesting..

from Section 2 page 14 under heading Accessory Rail..."Finally, a Mill-STD-1913 "Picatinny" accessory is incorporated into the dust cover of the polymer frame." I kind of chuckled how they started it off by saying "Finally," I guess they even new they where behind the 8 ball on that one.

They also show pictures of the new fullsize Tactical and Compact Tactical!!! Looks very sweet, so it would seem the Tacticals are going to be produced soon. They also talk a lot about the LEM and all the versions of the HK45 just as the USP has. I would say the USP is on its way out really quickly, soon to become a collectors item.

BUT HERE IS THE MOST SHOCKING PART OF THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Section 2 Page 16 and I quote:
"Transponder (Optional)- Internal (molded-in) electronic data storage device. Permits permanent and changeable data (serial number, rack number, user name, round count, etc.) storage on pistol by operator, armorer."

NOW HOW DID NO ONE REPORT ON THIS ONE YET!!!!! HK is way way beyond what anyone has offered in a production pistol. I can imagine police departments who issue weapons would love this feature, I can imagine military would as well. This is some high tec James Bond stuff they have going on lol. Its exciting to see such huge strides being made!

David

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Actually I have seen some of that posted already. Especially the round elestronic round counter part. I think it was discussed in the premium section a few months back.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhh well I am not able to see the private part as many can't, had not seen it posted in the regular section.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Screw that!

I'll just stick to cutting a small notch in the frame after each round, much easier IMO..

So is it solar powered? Battery powered? Mechanical automatic, like a fine Swiss watch?

Do they sell special HK batteries?

Are they better than the Glock batteries?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Psh it's HK they don't need batteries, they made some kind of inertial generator using the momentum from the slide.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Just imagine, some day that could be a federally mandated requirement for all gun owners. It will be entered at the time of purchase and kept on file by some responsible agency like... oh, maybe the BATF. Wouldn't that be nice? It may not be an option as far as installation goes. It would be easier for them to build all guns with the transponder.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Screw that!

I'll just stick to cutting a small notch in the frame after each round, much easier IMO..

So is it solar powered? Battery powered? Mechanical automatic, like a fine Swiss watch?

Do they sell special HK batteries?

Are they better than the Glock batteries?
ROFL :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
It gets even more interesting when you look at this patent issued in 2007. It talks about a kind of card in the handle that prevents unauthorized users from operating that pistol.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=oox-AAAAEBAJ

Next I hope to see H&K railguns! :47:
Just wondering if lead messes with electronics.
Also, that would be one useless gun when the batteries run out and theres no electrical outlet to plug your handgun into right before the fight.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
The German goverment required this in their P30 guns for the customs contract.
No idea why it is important to them, since they hardly ever get ammo to shoot (60 rounds a year per officer).
I would be interested how this works?
If you drop the gun, does the gun count that as a shoot?
What about dry firing?
To me this is one more part what has no place on my gun!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I could see this for military and department issue pistols where the armory didn't know how many rounds had been fired to determine if the recoil spring should be replaced.

·
Registered
506 Posts
dangerous feature in a combat weapon. An electronic pulse could knock out ever gun with this feature.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The German goverment required this in their P30 guns for the customs contract.
No idea why it is important to them, since they hardly ever get ammo to shoot (60 rounds a year per officer).
I would be interested how this works?
If you drop the gun, does the gun count that as a shoot?
What about dry firing?
To me this is one more part what has no place on my gun!
I agree

·
Registered
706 Posts
dangerous feature in a combat weapon. An electronic pulse could knock out ever gun with this feature.
The gun doesnt RELY on this to operate... it fires with or without it, thus the *OPTIONAL* part of it. It doesn't come with standard HK45's in the US

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I could see this for military and department issue pistols where the armory didn't know how many rounds had been fired to determine if the recoil spring should be replaced.
I bet you, the recoil spring is cheaper then the chip.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts