HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately that thread pitch is unique to only a few rifles, including the Hk G3K. I would suggest having the barrel rethreaded to the 5/8x24 and then you’ll have a much larger range of muzzle break and suppressor options.

This what SIG Pro store said to me. They don't make a 15x1RH threaded adapter for the SIG 7.62 QD.

Is this possible??
or get a suppressor adapter machined by a local gunsmith to do this??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
My recommendation. Let me buy your HK G3k barrel because the thread pitch sucks, take the cash and buy an aftermarket barrel with the thread pitch you desire.

Just making a suggestion and polite offer :)

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Probably too late for this, but I would recommend getting a suppressor from a company that actually makes a 15x1 muzzle device. AAC, silencerco, Griffin etc.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
According to what I was told by a builder I don't think there would be enough material to successfully rethread the barrel. I could be mistaken because I wanted to change a PTR barrel from 5/8x24 threads to 15x1RH. You could call Ghilliebear at PCS and ask him he is very helpful and an excellent HK gun smith.

I do not own a suppressor but I am sure there are many here that can tell you which ones are available with the threading you have and also where you can find different adapters with the proper threads.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The minor diameter on the 15mm x1 IIRC is 13.77 which is ~0.542 in diameter.... Too small to make the barrel work. Best contact RCM and see what he is willing to do/lean in etc...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I email RCM yesterday ,see if they can make a barrel with proper thread and size( HKG3K) I building this rifle. I have not purchase the barrel yet.
I found bunch of parts for chapter than online. Some part will be surplus and some new and the barrel will be new and the REC.( PTR.) I will be a SBR and Suppressed. ( I have NFA Trust)
I am doing the research first then buy the part.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just go email from RCM, they do not do custom work on their barrels.
So .....might have a adapter made or get a SilencerCO Saker 762.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts