HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought MP5 SBR and made a mistake and actually sent a check payable to ATF instead of US Treasury (stupid me).:27000000:
I was responsible for both transfer fees and the seller forgot to confirm my check and just mailed everything to ATF.
What should I do to save my MP5 NFA transfer? Is there any way to call them or send a new check? :2800000:

·
Registered
15 Posts
It will cash...I've always made mine out to Bureau of ATF. The might reject a form for not dotting an i, but they'll always cash the check!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will cash...I've always made mine out to Bureau of ATF. The might reject a form for not dotting an i, but they'll always cash the check!
wow Kirmil for speedy reply! NOW I feel SOOOO much better.
Can't wait to shoot MP5 with my sear pack....:340:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I think the forms say to make the check to BATFE anyways?I dont have one in front of me but you did fine.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
a form 1 says make checks payable to the Department of Justice ( I have one in front of me right now), dont recall what the form 4 said but I am in agreement with rext and think it was make payable to BATFE.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Form 1 says make check payable to Dept. of Justice and goes to WV.

Form 4 says make check payable to BATFE and goes to GA.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When it arrives to my class 3 dealer, I'm going to use LLC route.
How to fill out form 4 w/ LLC? never done it before so I'm kinda nerves about it....

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
When it arrives to my class 3 dealer, I'm going to use LLC route.
How to fill out form 4 w/ LLC? never done it before so I'm kinda nerves about it....

Don't fret--your Class 3 dealer will prepare the Form 4 with the LLC information you provide to him/her.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
All they do is put your name and the LLC info as the owner.

Then in the CLEO signature they put the corporation name.

That is it...!!

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
All they do is put your name and the LLC info as the owner.

Then in the CLEO signature they put the corporation name.

That is it...!!
You get to leave the CLEO portion of the form completely blank when it's a corporate transfer. Same with photos and fingerprints. All three are irrelevant with a corporation/trust/LLC as transferee.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you guys! This is for SBR my existing rifle so it should be form 1.
Since no dealer will help me on this paperwork I thought I should ask you guys for some expert help.
Anyway, thanks to you guys now I know I have to leave that CLEO section blank and fill name as my LLC name.
Do I need to include a copy of corporation resolution w/ corporation seal on it?
So no photos & finger print card since this is under LLC, right?
Where can I get a copy of from 1? I’ve heard you could use some site to download the form?
Do I need to include 2 copies of form 1 to ATF?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Do I need to include a copy of corporation resolution w/ corporation seal on it?
Include the information which allows BATFE to verify that the corp is active
and has legal standing with the Sec of State's office. People often will
include their Articles etc but that isn't what is needed to verify...rather it
is the CORP filing number, or record/account # which allows them to cross
check with your state.

What I did here was to copy the certificate which includes business account
info, filing #, Sec of States endorsement...etc. One page. BATF will follow
up on their check. In WA state, this can be done via Web search which
shows all active corps, profit and non-profit (I have the latter).

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Not to beat an allready dead horse, but I was just filling out my Form 1 for SBRing my USC and noticed that the form 1 says to make check payable to the Department of Justice while the instructions attached to the form say make check payable to ATF.

WHATEVER!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) was established as a separate component within the Department of Justice pursuant to Title XI of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, Public Law 107-296, on January 17, 2003.

Hence, some of the forms printed in bulk earlier may still have the old Chicago mail drop address and have the instruction state that checks should be payable to the US Treasury.

G Forms always take awhile to catch up to changes.

I've sent my money orders payable to BATFE with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
My check last summer was also made out to BATF... they are DBA "Doing Business As" both so it is no big deal... they will take the check either way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts