HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before - I tried searching but haven't found the answer I'm looking for. I have the the HDPS .45 7.87" threaded barrel and a newly acquired Griffin Armament Revolution 45. When I threaded the piston onto the barrel, I noticed it doesn't shoulder leaving a small gap. Is this normal or should I have the barrel threads adjusted?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Since the 13.5, 14 and 16 LH index off the muzzle, not the barrel shoulder, I would think you would be fine.
I have a couple Walther 9mm barrels in 13.5x1 LH that fall short of the shoulder as well with the suppressor attached. They function fine.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
This brings up a related question I have and maybe one of you have some experience or advice: I have a AAC TiRant 45 waiting for the stamp (so I don't have the suppressor with me)-I bought all the pistons available so I can use with my MK23, USPc 45, USP 45 Tactical, USP 9mm SD and MP5 (Turner clone with 3 lug). When I put in the proper piston for the MK23 it screws down all the way that it touches the front of the slide and if I tighten until it is tight on the thread it rubs up against the slide-on all the other pistols (with the proper piston for them) there is a gap where the threads end and the front of the slide is so it does not get close to the slide. Anyone with a MK23 and AAC TiRant that can give me advice? I am not a member on any other forums or silencer forums and since I saw this related post figured someone HK might could help-thanks I advance!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
This brings up a related question I have and maybe one of you have some experience or advice: I have a AAC TiRant 45 waiting for the stamp (so I don't have the suppressor with me)-I bought all the pistons available so I can use with my MK23, USPc 45, USP 45 Tactical, USP 9mm SD and MP5 (Turner clone with 3 lug). When I put in the proper piston for the MK23 it screws down all the way that it touches the front of the slide and if I tighten until it is tight on the thread it rubs up against the slide-on all the other pistols (with the proper piston for them) there is a gap where the threads end and the front of the slide is so it does not get close to the slide. Anyone with a MK23 and AAC TiRant that can give me advice? I am not a member on any other forums or silencer forums and since I saw this related post figured someone HK might could help-thanks I advance!
Should have a tiny gap. Just mounted mine and checked. A .006" feeler gauge went in easily after racking the slide. I see no evidence of the slide hitting the piston.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Should have a tiny gap. Just mounted mine and checked. A .006" feeler gauge went in easily after racking the slide. I see no evidence of the slide hitting the piston.
Thanks for the response-that just seems as something is not right with mine then because there is no way you will get a feeler gauge between the front of my slide and the piston. I am curious if I buy another piston if maybe the threads are set differently?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

Don't know. I didn't see how MUCH feeler, but I could see a sliver of light between piston and front of slide, and .006" went in freely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts