HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HDPS's website says that an alloy usc/ump reciever is in the works for builds, I guess this means that I dont have to wait for TN to come out with the plastic one. Oh thank heavens someone is listening to my prayers, I see a pistol build in my future. Any of you sly dogs have any more info on this than what is on the website?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hmm, tag for outcome.

If i move to the US, i would love to have a non NFA UMP (long barrel)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most compelling part about this to me is that they can be classified as a pistol so you can dump a parts kit of your caliber of choice into the new reciever, make sure the pack is filled correctly and wait for the form one. Or for that matter have a german part filled ump pistol..oh my...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Or you could have two uppers... One an SBR, one just a rifle. That way I could swap uppers (swap to the rifle) and take it across state lines without having to file for an approval letter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if only it were that simple....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anyone one hear back from Ed recently on the status?
For about a month now his website has said "NEW - USC compatible upper receiver project is ongoing, waiting on ATF Tech Branch for classification, check for updates often!"

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
"NEW - USC compatible upper receiver project is ongoing, waiting on ATF Tech Branch for classification, check for updates often!"
That's translated to... "Don't hold your breath".

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I think I heard about 2 months ago that he though it would be 2 weeks till he got the paperwork back.

·
Banned
631 Posts
HDPS's website says that an alloy usc/ump reciever is in the works for builds, I guess this means that I dont have to wait for TN to come out with the plastic one. Oh thank heavens someone is listening to my prayers, I see a pistol build in my future. Any of you sly dogs have any more info on this than what is on the website?

I guess I am not up on the achro's.....HDPS? TN?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
It took over 6 to 8 months once we got the drawings to make and proto 9mm bolts and barrels. This is not easy. Then having to deal with the ATF... UUHG. What a PAIN!!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
On HDPS website, it claims the receiver project has been approved. Nowhere did I see that it was aluminum, but its approved nonetheless

·
Registered
685 Posts
I talk with Ed regularly about this, it has indeed been approved and production is starting. I have seen many pictures of the prototype (I promised not to share them so please don't ask to see it), yes it is aluminum and is very similar to the USC receiver, with a few differences that add some unique style while still remaining true to the USC. The optional one piece front rail system being one of the coolest.
I should be getting one of the first units, I will get pics up the day I receive it.

My latest email from Ed a few days ago:

Hello Steve,
Coming along pretty good, got my prototype back with the approval letter and production started. Waiting on same samples from the extrusion shop at moment.
UMP flash suppressors are being turned at moment.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Two weeks.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts