HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put this in here since it is hard to find feedback on USC to UMP conversion information from HDPS. I originally wanted to go with TE but they closed down conversion work for the summer/year before I could get it to them. So I went with Ed and I can't be happier. He did a great job and the turn around was about two weeks - long than normal but normal doesn't include an ATF inspection in the middle of the week either!

So, here are the pics. Request any others you might want...

The stock block "B" version:

Picture of the buffer area and where it "mates" with the USC receiver and UMP trigger group:

Picture of the look up on the left side. I've heard some say that this isn't as durable as the TE version because it allows the hook from the stock to extend out too much. I think it is going to work just fine...

Here's a very nice touch that you'll never see when the stock is extended and locked open:

This is Ed's mill work to open up the receiver to accept UMP mags:

Filled in sear area - peace of mind at night I guess:

What the filled in area looks like from the outside - this was a hole for a pin but now it is "safe" for me to own...

A good look at the dye job between the factory black lower and USC gray receiver - looks good to me. Also shows mods done to the hooks of the HK lower and his engraving - edited of course...

I can recommend Ed without a doubt. I might even buy a .45ACP barrel from him when I sell off my extra USC barrel...

BigFreddie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! Pics look great, I am considering a USC conversion and HDPS was at the top of my list, but this could seal the deal. Thanks for showing off this top notch work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Pics look great, I am considering a USC conversion and HDPS was at the top of my list, but this could seal the deal. Thanks for showing off this top notch work.
That's pretty much what I was looking for... Lots of good pics and reviews of TE's work but nothing about HDPS. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to send it to Ed unless you're dead set on TE's block...

BF

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's pretty much what I was looking for... Lots of good pics and reviews of TE's work but nothing about HDPS. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to send it to Ed unless you're dead set on TE's block...

BF
I just received my parts from ED for my USC/UMP conversion and can say it was a pleasure dealing with ED at HDPS! The Workmanship on the those block B is really awesome. Can't wait to see my finished project.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looks fantastic! That's where I'll be sending mine to be converted. Let's see some pics of the entire thing now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looks tits... I'm getting mine back from Ed at the end of the week... Thursday or Friday can't come soon enough..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ed did the work on my lower, and cut the barrel vents in the upper.
I have the stock block B also and love it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got mine back from Ed in Feb. If I remember correctly, it took just over a week from the time I sent my USC in and received my UMP back at my door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad Ed, didn't direspect you guys and served you well. I am an active duty service member who has served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan and I had nothing but trouble trying to order one simple part from him. Then when I was finally able to talk with him, after 3 weeks of no responses, he was rude and said the whole thing was my fault then when he thought he hung up the phone he started saying to whoever was with him, "this M'fer lookin for this stupid F'n part has been constantly trying to get a hold of me about a part I'm only gonna make $1.50 on. This to me proves he was recieving my order inquiries and simply ignoring them. Like I said I'm glad things worked out for you guys, but this guy, in my opinion has no integrity and no honor. When you run a buisness you take orders and you turn em around no matter how much your making on the orders. I would never recommend this guy and I'd rather not go with the conversion then to give this guy a single cent.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm glad Ed, didn't direspect you guys and served you well. I am an active duty service member who has served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan and I had nothing but trouble trying to order one simple part from him. Then when I was finally able to talk with him, after 3 weeks of no responses, he was rude and said the whole thing was my fault then when he thought he hung up the phone he started saying to whoever was with him, "this M'fer lookin for this stupid F'n part has been constantly trying to get a hold of me about a part I'm only gonna make $1.50 on. This to me proves he was recieving my order inquiries and simply ignoring them. Like I said I'm glad things worked out for you guys, but this guy, in my opinion has no integrity and no honor. When you run a buisness you take orders and you turn em around no matter how much your making on the orders. I would never recommend this guy and I'd rather not go with the conversion then to give this guy a single cent.
I was going to use him for mine. Initially communication was great. He sent me back answers to all my questions in a few days. Fast forward 3 months, I sent him several e-mails telling him I'm finally ready to pull the trigger. No response for over a month. I gave up and went with Tbostic. He turned everything around in a week with A+ work.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
^+1 squirelly and skullbox

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My 2nd and last business transaction with Ed was less than acceptable also. Like Squirrely, I wanted a UMP stock pin. Ed replied to my order that my expiration info was missing off my order sheet, which it was, so I emailed him back the month and year the card expired. Heard nothing for over a month, finally sent him an email to cancel it and forget about it, and he replies promptly that it was canceled as soon as he received it, because it was incomplete. When asked, the reply I got was that he would only profit $1.50 on the order and he already replied to my inquiries twice, which he felt was more than most other vendors would have done. Horrible customer service, terrible ordering system, guy never wants to answer the phone or reply to anything... Glad to hear Tom Bostic is getting people's work instead. I know that is where my UMP and G36 conversions will be getting done, then I can sell my SL8 stock block and be done with any and all HDPS products.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Can a UMP 45 bolt be used in an USC conversion with UMP 45 8" barrel? Is there any advantage over the USC bolt in this situation?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Can a UMP 45 bolt be used in an USC conversion with UMP 45 8" barrel? Is there any advantage over the USC bolt in this situation?
I believe you'll need to shave off the base of the UMP bolt to work as S/A. Unmodified UMP bolt won't work with USC out of the box.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will just throw out there, I exchanged a few emails with this gentleman on Sunday. Actually I had sent the first email at like 1030PM on Sunday nite, way past business hours, and got an immediate response. Basically I just wanted an explanation on how the full package UMP costs $3700 minimum, when I did the pricing myself and it looks like everything is way cheaper and it APPEARS that they're getting a ton of money for the actual work... which is one of the things that strikes me odd. I LOVE The idea of saying, "Hand me a payment of x- Dollars and I will hand you back a brand new professionally created HK UMP. " But of course cost is always key and king right?

Well lets just say I got an amazingly fast email response that said about the lines of, "Too bad so sad. Do your calculations again if you want. And go ahead and buy the parts from me and do the work yourself if you want and think you can. Or maybe pay me for some of the work. " I replied that , well, I wanted very much to get one of these for my Dad who is a retired cop and wants one, but i can't afford the in my mind redonkulous cost of nearly $4000. I said I would be buying an HK USC from somewhere else and living with that. His response was, "well you can't use the UMP magazines in NJ anyway". Oh. Wasn't a problem when you thought you was going to be getting my $4000. (I had assumed for $4000 to a professional gunsmithing operation, you could like pin the bloody magazines for me.).

Well whatever. As stated in another thread, I can always do a UMP conversion later, especially if I move into a state that allows the real deal SBR length barrel. I just hate the fact I got back a pleasantly tinged "Screw you buddy I don't need your stupid complaints I got mad money coming in anyway."

Oh well. I am weird like that, if you disregard me in a certain manner of speech you won't be getting my business. So when I read the portions of this thread with the complaints, it made perfect sense in my head.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts