HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after owning my HK45 for over 7 years, I finally got around to examining the test fire casings included in the box. The casings appear to be nickel plated and inscribed with "45AUTO+P" and two stars with a line between them. The head of the casing was painted red not just the primer. I'm not familiar with this headstamp and was wondering if any of the members could identify this headstamp. The HK45 was an American build. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Wow, most of us would never dream of opening that envelope. Good on you. I guess I'd like to know some more info as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Starline brass company. Made in Missouri. Good brass for reloading if you choose to do so. I have seen and fired Fiocchi ammo that was made with Starline brass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast replies. I guess it would be safe to assume that H&K USA reloads their test fire ammo. I wonder if they load to +P pressures or just use the +P brass?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M1fuzz, I did not catch your post before I replied. So there is a possibility that the ammo used was Fiocchi and not reloads.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I couldn't tell you with 100% certainty if it was Fiocchi ammo. Just the only factory loaded ammo using Starline brass in some of their loads, that I have seen. Others may have seen others. I have also seen Fiocchi with the GFL headstamp (Fiocchi's).

I do highly doubt that HK uses reloads for test firing though. I would suspect they would use factory loads.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the fast replies. I guess it would be safe to assume that H&K USA reloads their test fire ammo. I wonder if they load to +P pressures or just use the +P brass?
I am not sure that because you got Starline brass as your test fire shell that this means that "H&K USA reloads their test fire ammo". What difference does it really make anyway where they obtain their ammo? I am pretty sure that it would be newly manufactured ammunition and that if it is labelled +P, then that is what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts