HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Awesome movie! I have it on DVD, and just watched it yesterday.
Scary though how much it resembles the North Hollywood Shootout, and it was released 2 years before the shootout happened.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
one of my favorite all time movies!

·
Registered
256 Posts
It drives my wife out of the house when I go into the basement, turn up the theater surround sound and watch only the bank robbery. The subwoofer rattles windows on the floor above!

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I love HEAT. It's just one of these movies you have to have on DVD.
My favorite scean (beside the shooting sceans) is when VK is comming to pick up his wife and she signals him with the hand that's a trap!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great movie, and if I remember correctly, this and Ronin came out about the same time. Both really good dvd buys that often get forgotten.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Great movie, and if I remember correctly, this and Ronin came out about the same time. Both really good dvd buys that often get forgotten.
Oh yeah, I got Ronin on DVD too. Best car chase scene since Bullit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know De Niro uses a 220 through the movie, but the scene where he walks into his house and sets his gun down on the table (after the first attempt to kill Waingro) its a USP.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
I think the cop had an HK too in the bank shootout scene.
NO, he didn't. No one in the bank robbery scene had an HK anything. Pachino had some variation of an FN (I don't know much bout FN's specifically the FAL line up, but that is what he had). As for handguns, Pachino had a compact (perhaps Commander size) 1911 style handgun, while Deniero had a Sig P220.

There is at least one thread about this on here, and it is a long one if I recall correctly......

Now, as for the movie, someone said it best, "Classic Mann". The shoot out at the end of The Kingdom reminds me of this one, except the shoot out in Heat actually shows (done well) reloads during the gun fight....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think the cop had an HK too in the bank shootout scene.
NO, he didn't. No one in the bank robbery scene had an HK anything. Pachino had some variation of an FN (I don't know much bout FN's specifically the FAL line up, but that is what he had). ....
FN FNC

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Just had to take a moment to point out my cherokee brother, Wes Studi...

Yeah, that's right, he's a badass too. :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts