HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,530 Posts
Why do you think HK is ramping up for manufacturing in Columbus , Ga ?
Ah, so they did close down the NH location than....

Hope the ramping up of manufacturing includes the MR556A3 or better yet, MR556A5.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Ah, so they did close down the NH location than....

Hope the ramping up of manufacturing includes the MR556A3 or better yet, MR556A5.
It's probably going to include everything except the Roller products . That process has some very specific equipment and processes . HK had better put an adjustable Gas Block on our mess ! I know of some Heat Treaters that have seen drawings on Nitriding .......

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I don't think USA civilian sales will be a drop in the bucket for HK as compared to large state sales. My guess would be the new factory will producing a newly contracted US Military rifle very soon. No info just a guess. They started Building that factory while us gun control issues were still unresolved. It just made no financial sense to me that they would go big again after having been screwed by politics in the past. I think there is something in the pipeline that brought this decision. If I am wrong. Oh well not the first time. :)

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I think there is something in the pipeline that brought this decision.
The announcement by the German gov. is the " pipeline " . HK was aware of this decision way before it was made public. just sayin' ........

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I don't think USA civilian sales will be a drop in the bucket for HK as compared to large state sales. My guess would be the new factory will producing a newly contracted US Military rifle very soon. No info just a guess. They started Building that factory while us gun control issues were still unresolved. It just made no financial sense to me that they would go big again after having been screwed by politics in the past. I think there is something in the pipeline that brought this decision. If I am wrong. Oh well not the first time. :)
Not a bad guess.....USMC test bedding the M27......and the USMC is how we got the M16A2. So it wouldn't be the first time. On the other hand I think you may be underestimating the amount of firearms the US public can absorb.....and rifles/pistols issued by the .mil are historical best sellers.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
My guess is based on the premise that the M27 IAR is already in the system. I don't know if it is still in testing or has officially been accepted and fielded. But I believe that the normal bid process for a new service rifle could be circumvented by buying a currently approved rifle. It's not a new rifle just an existing one that we are going to buy more of. The one kink is I don't know about is, if the possible caliber change being discussed on this sight would affect that theory.

But that is why I am thinking what I am thinking. It will be great thing for us HK lovers and for our Service men fighting for their lives and our freedom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts