HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Meh...and I guess it shows that HK isn't discontinuing the gun completely at least.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
$3500 on HK USA website

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mr556a1-fde/

click the 'read more' link and down at the bottom the MSRP is $3499 on the HK USA website

OR MAYBE the last gasp of the OLD design - ie using up the lowers that say A1

THEN COME OUT WITH THE A3?

Just a guess

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I'd be nice to update given the the EU spec MR223s are like 3-4 generations ahead of the MR556 right now. Either HK have way too many A1s sitting around or something, given that they can't be selling that many 223A3s in the EU with so many EU countries having BS gun control laws, including Germany to a large extent.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I'd be nice to update given the the EU spec MR223s are like 3-4 generations ahead of the MR556 right now. Either HK have way too many A1s sitting around or something, given that they can't be selling that many 223A3s in the EU with so many EU countries having BS gun control laws, including Germany to a large extent.
Pardon my ignorance,
But is there a lot of differences between the MR556 A1 Vs the A3s?
M.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
MR556 is based on the original 416. The MR223A3 is based on the 416A5. I don't think I can list (or remember) a full list of changes (which are mostly detail), but there were quite a few, as the 416A5 was the production version of the 416 IC designed for the US Army's aborted Individual Carbine program.

·
Registered
75 Posts
One can only hope the A3 variant is coming. But I remember reading a thread from a few years ago that there's a legal aspect to it as well. Hopefully I am wrong though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like it.

It's spendy and needs a longer rail, but looks sharp IMO. If you've already got a black one, this would be a great compliment.

·
Registered
670 Posts
While I’m 100% for an A3/4

Isn’t the M27 just an A1 with different barrels and some minor tweaks? Wasn’t that the entire point of the US expansion to accommodate the US Contracts?

Just my .02

Also, screw the 416 gimme some of that 433 goodness!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts