HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like a single dot system on the front and rear sights. To me target aquisition is much easier with a two dot rather than a three dot set up. Is anyone out there using the Heine Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights on their USP full size? They look like they'd fit the bill for my needs. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some on my G31, when I carry it they rust like the Titanic. Other then that they are nice.
They rust after you carry? What kind of finish are they using on their sights? Do you live is a humid, damp climate, or do you just sweat a lot? Just curious. For $120+ the things shouldn't corrode like that. My USP won't be used for carry, but I don't a rust prone sight system.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a night sight set on my SIG 220, a black set w/o tritium on my G34, and just installed a straight eight (night) set on my G21. The metal is very easily scratched/scuffed as I found during install, and they don't fit standard sight pusher tools. Other than that I have not experienced any rust to speak of. They offer a crisp clean sight picture with minimal glare due to the serrated face on the front and rear.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the input. Like I said, I really like a two dot sight system and the Heinie looks like the way to go. I think I'll order a set today for my USP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have them on a USPc right now. Hand's down my favorites. I also have Meprolights, trijicons on other guns. Slowly switching over to Heinies.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only issue I can see with the Heinies would be sight alignment. Unless I'm wrong the front dot doesn't set directly atop the rear dot when properly aligned. they're slightly separated forming a 'loose figure eight' if I remember their literature correctly. XS makes a 24/7 Express sight that uses the two dot as well, but the dots stack up when properly aligned. That's more of what I' used to with my Walther P5s and I really like the configuration. Seems the loose figure eight would be difficult to approximate in low light situations. Other than that I like the Heinie sight profile.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run them on my USP 9 fullsize. Very clean sight picture, and my shooting improved since I absolutely hated the factory white 3 dot sight picture.

I definitely would recommend them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have some on my G31, when I carry it they rust like the Titanic. Other then that they are nice.
That sucks. Glock Slant Pro NS's are available in Black-T Finish for additional $6, well spent cash imho...they should offer them for HK's in Black T too....I'd ask for it, Shakey.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight Night Sights on my SIG P226R. Not the rust below the rear sight.

Of course I live in a warm tropical humid climate that is why these things rust so easily here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts