HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I about done with the factory P30 sights, I'm ready for something better. My first choice was the ameriglo hackathorns but the email I got today said not till end of 2012. So my second choice was warren tactical but his email said about the same, with later this year. So now I'm down to heinie and dawson. I'm heading toward just a front tritium from dawson with the factory rear, but cant find any pictures with the dawson on a p30.

The heinie look really tall to me for some reason in all the pictures I've seen. Can someone with these sights verify my eyes, that they are really tall or just look that way.

And any pictures with the dawson setup would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
They are taller than Meps, but not crazy tall. They do make suppressor height sights, which are crazy tall though, which you might have seen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the Heinie sights on the P30. As previously posted Heinie makes suppressor sights, but the regular Qwik Straight Eight's are not too tall. I personally wish the rear notch wasn't cut out as much as it is, but most people seem to perfer the "quicker" sight picture with the larger cut out.

Overall the Heinie sights are a great improvement to the P30 in my opinion.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Yes, they are taller, but some feel this offers a more distinct sight picture similar to that of target style sights. ALL of my duty/carry/hard-use pistols either have Heinie sights or are in the process of installation; I can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Do the Heines, you won't regret it EVER!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
OK, I'll bite. What's the best way to install Heinies on our HKs? Send it to GGI, Heinie, or a competent local smith? I've read horrible stories about gunsmith installing Heinie sights so I want to make sure my HKs get the proper attention. :wink:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was considering Heinie's as well. According to their website they make tall suppressor sights for the "compact" but didn't specify which. I emaied them with no response yet.

I think I'd be satisfied with standard height.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
OK, I'll bite. What's the best way to install Heinies on our HKs? Send it to GGI, Heinie, or a competent local smith? I've read horrible stories about gunsmith installing Heinie sights so I want to make sure my HKs get the proper attention. :wink:
I sent my Sig 226 slide to Heinie; I will be doing the same on my HK45.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Option 1 or 2 is gtg but option 3 will be the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The Hienies are slightly taller but after they are on the gun they look perfectly at home. They are great sights. I don't really think they dialed in my accuracy very much but I really enjoy not having the big yellowish dots. I have yet to have any problems at all with drawling the weapon from retention. Hienies (at least when I bought mine a couple months ago) only came in the slant pro standard or the suppressor tall versions. I wish they would have had the straight8's. I'm going to wait to put sights on my SK till Hienie has straight8's available.

Initially I wasn't too impressed but after putting a butt load of rounds down range I began to see the value.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it looks like everybody here is on the same page, to go with heinie's.

So nobody here runs the dawson setup. I was thinking about getting just the tritium front from dawson and blacking out my factory rear to get some what of a hackathorn sight picture. I guess I just need to think about it a bit more and deiced.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
FWIW, the inserts and rings on the Heinies are small and don't distract if you aren't using them IMO. I painted my front sight orange and in practice only use the inserts at night.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess I'm going to try out the homemade hackathorns that someone on another forum came up with.

It consist of the $50 tritium front sight from dawson, and color in the white circle and blacken out the factory rear dots. Worse thing can happen, I don't like it and only out $50 for trying it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Well it looks like everybody here is on the same page, to go with heinie's.

So nobody here runs the dawson setup. I was thinking about getting just the tritium front from dawson and blacking out my factory rear to get some what of a hackathorn sight picture. I guess I just need to think about it a bit more and deiced.
I don't use the Heinies, but rather use Meps and Dawson. I use the Dawson's on my competition P30LS with the front fiber optic and blacked out rears. I think the Dawson's are excellent, and they offer great speed with the width of their sight blade vs the rear notch. They are a little tougher to install too, from what I gather. I had a friend of mine install them for me, and he had a few choice words after.

·
Registered
35 Posts
curious if any one have the height of the supressor sight for Heine? i try calling them they don't write or answer the phone :( try to figure it out with RDS install.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Next year? Lol.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts