HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these on there USP? with the "race cut" rear sight?
I'd just like to get some feedback on the setup and the "race cut" option.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Its a great sight, my only issue is how vertical much space to put between the 2 dots so Im not aiming high or low, in daylight is no problem, in the dark its an issue for me - So Im going with Novak 3 dot night sights instead. (On a Colt 1911)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm a fan of the straight-eight sights from Heinie.

I'm on my second set on my USP-T; however my rear sight notch is the standard cut so I'm not sure how much value I am adding with my comments. I will say that I have used Novaks \ Meps \ Ameri Glow \ and standard factory white dot sights and factory target sights and will never use anything but the straight-eight slant pro night sights. I can aquire the sight picture faster than with anything else.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the standard cut Straight Eight night sights on my USP and my Glocks. It's a very good sight for competition shooting. Some of my shooting buddies have the race cut and say the it allows little quicker acquisition because the cut is slightly wider. The standard cut works well for me. It is a very good sight for low light and no light shooting. I've used them at the Arkansas Winter Classic for the last five years where at least two stages are shot in the dark with a flashlight and at least two stages are shot in low light. Very easy to acquire the sight and put it on the target.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Are these the same sights that come on the Taurus 24/7? If so, I just don't like these sights. Wheres my third dot!? Personal preference thing I guess.

Give me Novaks, Tru-Glo, or Trijicon any day. :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I was talking to a guy I know that works ar one of the local fun stores. I was the only one in the store had already bought my stuff and we were just BSing about this and that. Amoung other things those sights came up. He said that alot of people he had sold handguns to that had those sights on them were complaining that the pistol shot low.

He called Taurus and they had gotten several complaints. Taurus had called the sight manufacturer and something about people were not using them correctly. He said you don't want to sit the one dot directly on top of the other.

Some BS about put the front sight on the target, and the rear sight on the bottom of the target? Sounded way too complicated for me. We enjoyed a good laugh at the explanation that was given to him. I think I will stay with Mepros, and MMCs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts