HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at cabelas gun library the other day and ill be honest i dont see the big deal. actually it seemed kinda bulky and clumsy to me ive got big hands and the grip on that thing was way to big and it felt to "gadget'y to me.but this is just my opinion i dont love a weapon just cuz it says hk on it any more than i love a truck just cuz it says ford on it. this gun would really have to be a impressive shooter on the range thats the only thing i can figure for the big obsession

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It is considerd to be one of the three most accurate 9mm production pistols ever made. You have to shoot it to understand it ;) The P7 series is the perfect understadning of HK (quality, innovation and experimentation).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have to agree with cueist. You really have to shoot one to decide if it's for you or not. I wasn't really keen on then until I shot one and can honestly say now I'm in love with them. It is a little gadgety, but those attributes are the same that make it one of the safest pistols in the world, not to mention incredibly accurate.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I first bought mine I thought the same thing, until I fired it.
It's now my favorite pistol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a P7 PsP model and find it to be a great 9mm -- for some, it's the perfect back-up piece...

FWIW, accuracy-wise, the fixed barrel of the P7 is what makes it more accurate than a similar sized Browning designed linkless barrel as is what you see in most modern semi-auto platforms...

Let us know when one makes it as a permanent weapon inside your safe -- the seed has been planted, littlebuf...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

·
Registered
97 Posts
The seed has been planted in my safe.

Some just don't take to this gun. I witnessed this during my last range visit. I handed the very P7 in the photo over to a friend. He handed it back after 4 shots. He just didn't like it. To each his own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I won't sell mine.

I used to think the Sig 229 was the cat's ass of handguns, until I bought a P7M13 ($1250 with 3 clips). I can hit with it. In fact, I liked it so much, I bought a P7M8 ($800 with 4 clips)to go with it, as I knew they quit making them. So I sold my 229 and 226, then bought a 229R (stupid). To me, they don't hold a candle to the HKs.

I had a USP40 in '94 or '95, hated the thing. Wish I would have used that money to buy another P7 series pistol back then.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I certainly didn't like them at first either in fact I hated them. But I changed the grip out on a P7 put on some Nills and I like it now. It is certainly still not my favorite but it is ok.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I sold the first one I owned because it was awkward to stick in your waistband w/o a holster, I also favor 45's, but I loved how it shoots.

I recently bought a new one just because thay are so cool, innovative, safe, accurate, and a must own for anyone who knows what HK means.

Heres to a great New Year!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All that and more! Shoot it before you judge it.
it may shoot well but i dont own a handgun i wouldnt trust my life to and if the weapon is awkward i couldnt be proficient with it,with you as with me to each his own this is as stated my opinion

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
it may shoot well but i dont own a handgun i wouldnt trust my life to and if the weapon is awkward i couldnt be proficient with it,with you as with me to each his own this is as stated my opinion

It doesn't take long to learn the P7 series. You'd be surpise how natural it becomes after just playing around with it for a short time. I have seen people scared of the P7 series because it is different and looks weird. In all actuallality there is less that you have to remember with the P7 series then with any other handgun...draw.grip/squeeze.fire... in one constant motion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I fired one I noticed it had very low recoil, and very accurate. They're too
expensive for me though. I can see why there is a P7 cult because they are so unique and fun to shoot.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
Shooting it and holding it are two different things.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is hard to consider spending money on a gun that you dislike from its initial experience. If you get a chance to shoot it, that will sell you on P7. As it is a leap of faith to spend hundreds of dollars without shooting it, I recommend that anyone should stay away if they don't like the P7 series.
But all owners of P7 will agree that the damn thing is very accurate and easy to shoot. Mine is main carry piece and I want to try it out for IDPA this year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
In my experience, P7 pistols and single-malt Scotch whiskies have something in common -- they're both acquired tastes. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
P7 vs. Glock

I found the P7 more natural to shoot than a glock, and definetly better than a DAO Smith or USP. With the price of a PSP being around $600, and resale always being there, why not buy one and try it for a couple decades. If you hate it that much before you give it an honest chance, you can always get 90 to 110% of your money back.

Look at it this way, with no more being made, will the price go down?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Scratch the itch! Scratch the itch! Five years from now, when the P7 PSP police trade in guns are long gone, you'll wish you had. Scratch the itch!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts