HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I made the leap and bought my first HK and first .45. I have a lot of Berettas and few revolvers, but this is what I wanted for a long time. So Hello and it looks like there is alot of great info here. Thanks.

PS looks like I have a lot of learning and catching up to do too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good choice on the USP .45 as it is one of the best all around firearms IMO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mmmm...

I caught my USPc daydreaming yesterday about being a .45. I guess I'll just gave to get it a stablemate to live through vicariously ^_~

Welcome!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great choice for a first .45 ACP.

The USP .45 is one of the softest recoiling 45s I've ever fired.
Mine has over 2000rds and not one malfunction of any kind.

Also you're right about it being your "first" HK. You can't own
just one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great choice for a first .45 ACP.

The USP .45 is one of the softest recoiling 45s I've ever fired.
Mine has over 2000rds and not one malfunction of any kind.

Also you're right about it being your "first" HK. You can't own
just one.
Well I need to say, I went thru this with my Berettas and I can feel the same fire in my belly right now...
Just trying to learn everything I can while I'm waiting here ;)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome and enjoy this fine forum!! You will find all the useful answers here that one could ever ask about a USP 45.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice to 'meet' ya!

I too have made the jump to HK with a 2001 USP/f 45. It's looks brand spankin' new too.

I've owned Glocks, XD's, Kimbers (1911 & BP Pro) and Taurus' - all in .45 ACP.

This is my FIRST H&K. I hope to take possession before xmas. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome Home

Brought home my new USP Expert.. Beautiful!! I will have her out on Saturday and report back. My first HK & my first .45...

Glad I have a home here... :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well I made the leap and bought my first HK and first .45. I have a lot of Berettas and few revolvers, but this is what I wanted for a long time. So Hello and it looks like there is alot of great info here. Thanks.

PS looks like I have a lot of learning and catching up to do too.
A lot of Berettas... what's wrong with you my son? We will have to cure you of those foul beasts. No, I am just kidding. They make a fine weapon, I don't own one, but would like a 92FS before my collection is complete. I had a chance to get one with three factory 15s, but had my money committed elsewhere at the time.

The Expert is one fine 45, probably the king of the USPs, I fired one mag through one and put it down to save myself spending $1200 to add one to the family. I added the match trigger set up to my USP 45, because it's so much smoother. 45 is an awesome caliber, probably my favorite, it has a clearly established history as a defense round and plenty of offerings in terms of ammunition.

What do you intend to do with the Expert? Are you going to compete at all? Or just use it for plinking and personal/home protection?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of Berettas... what's wrong with you my son? We will have to cure you of those foul beasts. No, I am just kidding. They make a fine weapon, I don't own one, but would like a 92FS before my collection is complete. I had a chance to get one with three factory 15s, but had my money committed elsewhere at the time.

The Expert is one fine 45, probably the king of the USPs, I fired one mag through one and put it down to save myself spending $1200 to add one to the family. I added the match trigger set up to my USP 45, because it's so much smoother. 45 is an awesome caliber, probably my favorite, it has a clearly established history as a defense round and plenty of offerings in terms of ammunition.

What do you intend to do with the Expert? Are you going to compete at all? Or just use it for plinking and personal/home protection?
I plan on plinking/HD. I know a bit expensive for a plinker, but I figured if I was going to jump in to HK I would do it right.

I do love my Berettas but I have about 9 of them in different setups that I've collected over the years and I really can't do anything more. Perhaps a Steel I one day, but as far as FS's, D's & G's I have my fill, at least for now.

I actually stripped the Expert down last night for the first time. There was a little learning curve being use to the Beretta and all, however once I did it I see that it rather simple and straight forward.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll let you knoww howw everything goes.

BTW- any recommendations as far as ammo & grain. 45 is very new to me. thanks again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Range report

Well I took her out for a spin today and I must say WOW!!

First off, being my first .45, I had some concerns as to recoil.. Boy O Boy, The Expert is as smooth as butter.

Also being my first polymer frame gun, The weight of it thru me off at first, but it all came together once it was shot. Now I see how it all works. Simply Amazing.

I love the large front sight on it. Compared to my Berettas I think it helped me out so much.

All I can say is... I am now an HK convert and look forward to my next one.

Simply said.. My USP Expert is a work of art in a world of forgeries!!!

Hey no love lost for my Berettas, but this HK is a step beyond.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ammo and Grain... I like mostly the 230 grainers. I have extensively used the Winchester Ranger SXT offering in +P and standard pressure over the past 5 years. My local sheriff's department uses the +P in their Glock 21s and has had good results. Another local PD near me, with high violent gang activity and a decent number of OIS (ofcr involved shootings), issues the Golden Saber in 230 Grains from their HK USP 45s and it seems to get the job done.

I have found the 230 Grain HydraShok from Federal shoots pretty close to what a FMJ feels like, that's always a plus so there isn't a big difference between how your practice ammo and defense ammo performs. Most articles from those in the know who study ballistics have come up with weights 200+ being the best performers out of the 45. HydraShok, Gold Dot from CCI/Speer, Golden Saber from Remington, and the Winchester Ranger have all been top rated on the street.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well I took her out for a spin today and I must say WOW!!

All I can say is... I am now an HK convert and look forward to my next one.

Simply said.. My USP Expert is a work of art in a world of forgeries!!!
satisfaction is such a sweet thing. ::smiles his jolly smile::

Since you were a collector of Beretta (notice the past tense) you have a lot to look forward to in the HK world. I myself got bit bad by this bug and bought 6 USP .45 full size this year in various colors and one stainless. Oh my.

Happy shooting ... and collecting!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ammo and Grain... I like mostly the 230 grainers. I have extensively used the Winchester Ranger SXT offering in +P and standard pressure over the past 5 years. My local sheriff's department uses the +P in their Glock 21s and has had good results. Another local PD near me, with high violent gang activity and a decent number of OIS (ofcr involved shootings), issues the Golden Saber in 230 Grains from their HK USP 45s and it seems to get the job done.

I have found the 230 Grain HydraShok from Federal shoots pretty close to what a FMJ feels like, that's always a plus so there isn't a big difference between how your practice ammo and defense ammo performs. Most articles from those in the know who study ballistics have come up with weights 200+ being the best performers out of the 45. HydraShok, Gold Dot from CCI/Speer, Golden Saber from Remington, and the Winchester Ranger have all been top rated on the street.
Where are you getting your best deals from?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts