HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to take a moment to make my introduction, brand new to the Hk family. Ive been working with my good old partner S&W 1911 for quite a few years, and just three days ago had a friend of mine from the armed forces talk me into picking up his USP .40 tactical while he was on a brief visit home. For many years I was of the knuckle headed opinion that plastic guns were meant for toys on a walmart shelf, and weapons grade steel was made to get the job done. After 300 rounds and every text book firing test I could remember, I thanked him for bringing me into a new age of firearms and promptly went upstairs and purchased one myself. Honestly, I can honestly say that I have never shot a finer weapon in .40 and look forward to taking them both to the range for further weapons testing, and side by side comparison. (Not that I have retired my true and trusted friend 1911, but there is only room for one holster on my hip... and my 1911 does not fit so well in one made for an Hk.)

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Welcome Aboard

I was attacted to the USP by it's aggressive look and bought my first HK in1998. I have been hooked since. I now own 3 USPs and with time and money will buy more. Nice to see another HK fan born. Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!! You are now part of one of the finest fourms on the net. Anything you would like to know about HK please don't hesitate to ask it!!! There is no such thing as a dumb question, unless I ask it...lol You will find the membership here more than helpful.

Also check out www.fist-inc.com for a great custom holster. Lots to choose from and very reasonable price along with a decient turn around!!!

Happy & Safe Shooting!! Next time you go shooting take along a friend who hasn't or doesn't get much time to shoot. Share the fun we all have It's easier to convert than to just let them set on the fence.... Take care and welcome!! TJ

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Welcome and congrats! USPs are excellent weapons and HK is a great choice.

May I suggest looking in to a P2000 .40? :)~ hahaha!

·
Registered
43 Posts
welcome, bought a p2000 v3 9mm a couple of months ago and have been very pleased, i need to take it to the range soon, it's getting cold.:62:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am still impressed with the warm reception here. Most gun forums that I find on the internet remind me of a high school gym locker room filled with constant bickering about which model is better and who owns the most firepower... Not to mention the absolute wealth of knowledge spread through out the threads. 10 out of 10 for HKPRO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts