HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New here,thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from California worst gun state ever! Haha. So my first purchase was a stripped AR15 lower built that over a year and grew my new expensive obsession!

So. Now I purchased my very first pistol. Hk USP9 full size. I'm about two days away from my 240 hour waiting period of doom.

Here's my question. Breaking in a brand new pistol. Some say it's an hk you can do anything to it...it's perfect. And some say I Should fire the first 10 rounds by cleaning the barrel after every shot.

What are your guys thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
With a new gun, I always run a snake or one patch down the bore for good measure (had guns in styrafoam in the bore). Lube the gun up (if necessary) and go to town.

This clean/shoot/clean/shoot break-in voodoo is pure nonsense...even in the precision rifle community. This is a USP for cryin' out loud. Just go shoot the thing and have fun.

·
Banned
222 Posts
What i did was just as Pointblank said, strip down clean it, and then lube. after that do as you please! Hk's are fantastic pistols, i just picked up a .40SW full-size to compliment my 9 Full-size :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I personally leave the loaded mags out when i store them. But i also store them in a gun safe because i have 3 kids who like to get into stuff :/

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I'm not a gun nut. I know this because Iwas smart enough to escape Commiefornia in 1991 after fighting the AWB tooth and nail

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It's a USP. Nothing you do to it will hurt it. No way in HELL would I clean the barrel after each shot to "break it in". If you shoot leadcast bullets in it, I'd reccomend cleaning it well afterwards, but if its regular FMJ rounds I don't even know that you'd NEED to clean it... USP's are tough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for their feedback. I just got my USP Monday. But I haven't had time yet to take it to the range. But it's alright bought 1000 rounds yesterday. Going out tomorrow morning o0o0o I can't wait. I've been sitting in my room fiddling with my gun making sure I understand her very well hah

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took the new gal to the range. 120 rounds. Perfect ate all my bullets lol. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS GUN

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
yeah man, I cant remember every having a FTF/FTE with my USP Compact 9mm. I have put many different brands and kinds of ammo down the barrel with ZERO issues

Gotta love it

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro!

Pics? Congrats :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts