HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just want to say hello, and that I'm happy to be apart of the H&K family. I just purchased the HK45 after waiting a couple of months and I absolutely love it!. I just recently got into shooting and I'm hooked big time!.. I'll probably be asking a million questions here on this forum, but I'll start with a couple basic ones. Hope you guys can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. How often do you recommend cleaning the HK45?

2. Which protective glasses do you guys recommend? I'd like to get a nice pair, preferabally in the $100 or under range if possible. Are there any kind of protective glasses out there that don't fog up easily? I've been using the ones they give out at the range, but I have to constantly keep wiping them clean after I empty a mag.

3. Is it legal to keep a loaded mag in the gun case (not inside the gun) while transporting it? or do you need to keep the mag empty at all times when traveling? Also, does the ammo need to be in the glove box, or can you keep it on the front or back seats?

Thanks!!
Jerome

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Welcome

1) I just tested my HK45 w/ 1000 rounds and no cleaning. No malfunctions to report. It was dry as a bone in the end, but still ran. Keeping it lubed is more important that "clean", but there is nothing wrong with cleaning it after you shoot it

2) If you're going to shoot a lot, get a pair you don't mind wearing. Oakley, ESS, etc. are good choices (USStandardissue.com if you can). Don't cheap out on your eye/ear pro. If you get quality stuff, it will offer more protection and be less obtrusive (and is more likely to be worn). Protect those eyes and ears

3) Check your NJ and local statutes as these matters can vary between states. Regardless of what answers you may get, it isn't wise to get your legal advice from strangers on the net. Do your research and become familiar with the appropriate firearm laws.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forums - Congratulations on your new HK45.

1: well I clean mine usually the next few days depending on if i have time because I'm OCD and enjoy it, It relaxes me. But like Pointblank said it s not necessarily needed.

2: Part frame less to help ventilation. Amazon.com: NYX Carbon Pro: Sports & Outdoors

3: just like Pointlbank said - Check your local laws, Never take advice from the net for your responsibly as a new weapon owner. Do not be shy about going to the police station either and asking questions to LEO.

Welcome again and sometimes searching these forums might not get the answer your looking for so just ask anyways lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!...I'll definitely check with the PD and find out what's acceptable. I think I'll be falling into the category of cleaning to relax lol. Thanks again for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts