HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all... I have been looking at repairing demilled guns for a while and was wondering if anyone has done a UMP? I have seen receiver flats for certian guns but i haven't had much luck or don't know where to look for the parts to restore a ump45..
thanks

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
First welcome to the site. The big thing is the MP5 is a sheet metal receiver gun and the UMP is a steel insert polymer receiver. So most UMP type semi auto guns are converted HK USC guns that have been modified with UMP parts. A MP5 clone can be had for one to two thousand dollars. A UMP semi would be in the $4,500 range. To most gun owners one to two thousand dollars for a firearm is big money. Very few firearm owners I know spend $4,500 regularly on a firearm.

As far as the "repair a demilled" gun, a UMP is a machinegun and highly regulated. There are features that make the receiver full auto or semi auto. That is the thing about firearms collection. Collect the wrong stamp and you wasted your money. Collect the wrong firearm, you could end up in prison for ten years. Good luck with your project.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts