HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking a while and decided to join up. First off I wanted to show off my MP5. It's a registered reciever gun, and the conversion was done by Billistics. It probably needs to be refinished. Anyways I'm enjoying it very much !!

1. Is there a way to increase the ROF on MP5's ?

2. Are there good aftermarket barrels as the HK stuff is no longer imported.

3. I've noticed there are still a lot on HK94 and SP89 conversions being done, I thought this was illegal after 1986. (Is this for sear owners ?)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forums.

You have a real beauty of a firearm there! Is that a real
push pin? I know they converted some that way.

Not sure about increasing the ROF. I suppose you might
look into the possibity of using different locking pieces.
If I were you I would try to find a demill German factory
barrel. To me it would protect your investment.
Some of those conversions are Short Barrlled Rifle
conversions so registered sear owners can move it
from gun to gun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep it's a push pin receiver. I'm looking at buying an extra trigger pack.

Here's a description

http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/hkmp5?set=48

Perhaps you could tell me about how this ranks among other MP5 conversions ?? I've heard the billistics was a pretty good one. Also, how do you change trigger packs on non push pin ?? Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gotta love them Texans....... As far as conversions go, so long as it is done with a registered sear or trigger pack they are legal. Now new registered receivers are illegal. SBR conversions are still legal and many are made to look like full auto although they remain in a semi auto configuration.

·
Registered
81 Posts
MP5A3,

Nice piece!

I bought my MP5 from the same guy. As a matter of fact I almost bought the one you have. I went with his last sear gun istead (the wife gave me a 20 grand limit). I found Nick was easy to work with.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MP5A3,

Nice piece!

I bought my MP5 from the same guy. As a matter of fact I almost bought the one you have. I went with his last sear gun istead (the wife gave me a 20 grand limit). I found Nick was easy to work with.
Yea, Nick is a good guy. I got this one so I could change parts at will. I do hate everyone asking what it cost though. I get that a lot at the range, always thought it was kinda rude. Whatever you tell people they think you're crazy.

I probably paid a bit more going through Nick, put when spending that much money I'm not about to send a check to Florida or Arizona sight unseen, at least I know the guy will still be there..

(He has quite the Tommy Gun collection, huh :53: )

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea, Nick is a good guy. I got this one so I could change parts at will. I do hate everyone asking what it cost though. I get that a lot at the range, always thought it was kinda rude. Whatever you tell people they think you're crazy.

I probably paid a bit more going through Nick, put when spending that much money I'm not about to send a check to Florida or Arizona sight unseen, at least I know the guy will still be there..

(He has quite the Tommy Gun collection, huh :53: )
I totally agree about changing parts at will. I don't think you paid more going through him. I have seen sear guns go for more than that. You got a pretty good deal, bottom line, there is nothing cheap about that gun. People look at me the same way when I tell them how much I paid, "THAT COST MORE THAN MY CAR!". I just smile and blast off another 30 rounds on auto.

I talked to Nick several times before I sent the check. I found the experience to be frightening to say the least. But Nick was cool about it and walked me through the process.

His Tommy Gun collection is sweet!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just noticed where you are from. I'm lucky as he lives between my work and home. He's literally 10 minutes from my house. After I talked to him, he said "come on over" The has the most impressive NFA collection I've ever seen, 200-300 guns I think. Also unlike most class III dealers he was not waiting for the gun to come in. Everything was in stock and ready for pickup. He also did all my paperwork.

You gotta love that call "Your paperwork came in, come pick up your gun" :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got an email that said, "It's Christmas!". I am reading it as my class 3 dealer is calling me to come check out the gun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MP5

You got a great gun from a very good dealer enjoy it.I have known Nick for 20years and done many deals with him.Just do not go shooting with him when he is on a M60 and you are beside him,lol,Tommy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You both just got screwed and don't know it yet. I bought my first MP5 (K-gun) from Nick. Now I've got six of them in different variants.

Welcome to the sickness.

You'll have to bring it to the subgun matches and the subgun league in Dallas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You both just got screwed and don't know it yet. I bought my first MP5 (K-gun) from Nick. Now I've got six of them in different variants.

Welcome to the sickness.

You'll have to bring it to the subgun matches and the subgun league in Dallas.
Yea, you're right. The wife will certainly kill me. After checking out a MP5K, I really, really like it. For now I'm going to hold off but may eventually get an M16, the sear guns can be had for pretty cheap and parts are plentiful.

If it wasn't for Nick I doubt I would own a class III gun. I would never feel right sending a check to another state. I may check out the subgun matches, whereabouts do you live ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love my Billistics Push Pin MP5

I'm another Texan blessed enough to have a proper pushpin MP5a3. Yep I paid a bunch for it but have not had a minute of regret. Buying right once is my thought. I was also lucky enough to get one local to me in Houston.

Now you need to make time to attend one of Tom's (HKpro himself) classes. I took the Dallas class earlier this year before going to Blackwater for the weeklong HK approved session. After a day with Tom the week was nothing but solid review of what was taught in Tom's class. A few spots are still open for this Sunday in Houston if you can make the trip.

Once you get comfortable with the MP5 nothing else will do with the possible exception of an MP5k-pdw.

Enjoy that toy,
Chris

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm another Texan blessed enough to have a proper pushpin MP5a3. Yep I paid a bunch for it but have not had a minute of regret. Buying right once is my thought. I was also lucky enough to get one local to me in Houston.

Now you need to make time to attend one of Tom's (HKpro himself) classes. I took the Dallas class earlier this year before going to Blackwater for the weeklong HK approved session. After a day with Tom the week was nothing but solid review of what was taught in Tom's class. A few spots are still open for this Sunday in Houston if you can make the trip.

Once you get comfortable with the MP5 nothing else will do with the possible exception of an MP5k-pdw.

Enjoy that toy,
Chris
Where can I find info on Tom's classes ?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I bought mine from Nick too. I did some research and found that many people had great things to say about him.

The local guy that accepted my transfer.. for free... knew him too.

It is a scary thing to send a huge check to someone out of state... never, ever actually seeing the gun and knowing it existed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tom easy to find

Tom is Mr HKpro from this very board. Keep an eye on the state section and you will see posts start to pop up months in advance. Appears he is getting ready for one in Alabama now.

Chris
www.talonarms.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts