HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have lurked here for a while and thought I might as well sign up !
Looking forward to reading and learning more about the Great HK weapon systems
I dropped a Glock about 5 years ago and Bought a AI(08) USP Compact 45 I love this pistol More than anything it shoots well ,eats anything I put through it and is just plain sexy . well here she is

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome! Looks just like my first HK, except newer. :)

I think that's one of the finest firearms ever made. Makes me look good every time I go to the range.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I have to say every time I have gone to the local range I always have people asking about the HK this weapon catches peoples eye and as soon as you say"HK" they all give the"AHHHHHH man I want one of those ":wink:

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum.
All you need is an extended mag release and more ammo! :wink:

ETA: And a pair of Meps!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since i bought her I picked up 2 of the ten round extended mags a AKER IWB and belt holster and two Mag Carriers.
Never leave home without it I feel naked without her on me.I started carrying it cocked and lock ,I found of the 20 plus years of shooting that the USP is By far the best handgun i have ever owned.
I am wanting to add a USC to my collection But that will be a while
Thank you guys for the warm welcome

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro! :)

Nice USP

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Again thank you guys I have now been looking at upgrading to the extended Mag release as suggested, But what would be some good choices for Night sights ,what are you guys running?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I prefer a 2-color set up, green in the rear and orange in front. 3 green dots could mean your aiming wide left or right or even centered. Assuming you MAY use it as a HD weapon, I'd take in account the stress level you'd experience where it's easy to make simple, stupid mistakes like that. Having an orange dot in the middle will help make sure you hit your perp and not fire a hollow point into your hot water heater. :-D. As for the extended mag release, I did it and LOVE it! Ordered it from HKparts. Had to set up a notification when it came in stock and purchased within minutes of getting the email. You may already know its just the factory HK45C mag release and that it won't plug and play with a full size USP but will, and takes minutes to install, on a USPc. Happy modding!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Swiat34 very good advice On the sights never thought of that But makes complete sense

·
Registered
58 Posts
No problem. In a 'tactical situation' I try to keep a keen eye for the simple. Under the sort of stress of being under fire, simple things become difficult. Training helps a whole lot but a complex or confusing item will be a problem under fire. Despite all our training, I've seen fellow Marines having a hard time just changing magazines under fire. Where I had a personal AR that I practiced mag changes and stoppage clearing while watching TV (in y off base apartment), I rarely even recall conducting a mag change when I'd actually done four! Point is, K.I.S.S. in everything you'll use in those situations. Even your kit layout on your vest/belt. If you're only gonna shoot the "X" out of targets at the range, adjustable sights would be great. But for defense...not so much. I'm rambling. LoL Enjoy your firearm!
Oh and remember, to win a fight you must have this mindset: "I am the weapon, my gun is just a tool."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts