HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Good luck trying to get any "customer service" when my CA94 wouldnt work I tried to ask them to service the gun and I was treated extremely rude and they only offered a refund.

You need to go to www.hkparts.net and order the following...

MP5 Bolt head
MP5 locking piece
MP5 ejector
MP5 hammer spring
MP5 strutted hammer

Install all of the above parts, check your bolt gap and you are ready to rock and roll.

If your gun still doest function after this than I would say its time to send it you Jayson at IGF.

I know that the above parts are expensive but after I made the above alterations my CA94 runs 100 %. I just got done firing 700 rounds of Winchester White Box 9mm with and with out a suppressor with Zero malfunctions. Also, I hadnt cleaned the gun since the last 200 rounds I shot.

When I first bought the gun I couldnt get through one magazine without like 10 FTE's

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally Posted By shawnofthedead:
ok i've changed out the ejector and ejector spring, bought new Hk mags and took it out to the range today

so now rather than jamming every 6-10 rounds it now jams every 3 rounds

wiskey tango foxtrot

anyone know any good hk armors that i can send this thing to so it can possibly be fixed?

thanks

you need to change the extractor... and extractor spring...

my reply to you at arfcom

·
Registered
390 Posts
Isn't that Winchester White Box a big no no with Cohaire stuff?

Why is that?

What part of their gun is made below spec that would render it unable to fire a certain kind of ammo?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Honestly, before you send it to any HK armorer you should try to fix it yourself. Installing the replacement parts yourself is really easy to do.

As far as the Winchester ammo that is all I use; it is dirty as hell but it cheap and I have never had one problem with it. Coharie says not to use it because they use .308 hammer springs in their 9mm platform weapons. The .308 hammer makes the weapon more prone to FTE's. If the German engineers wanted a heavy gauge spring like .308 they would've designed that way. This is just a really stupid way for Coharie to save $10 in production.

This shows how much a bunch of morons they are that they cut corners in obviously stupid areas. Vector did the same thing but at least their weapons were 110 % better and worked out of the box (I have a Vector and Coharie so I can speak about the quality of the two manufacturers.)

When I got my Cohaire Ca-94 in the mail there were numerous problems with it.

Here is the list:

1. Bolt was out of spec. and wobbled up/down back/forth on the locking piece; which lead to FTE's (this may be your problem)

2. Ejector was a piece of sh*t and had to be replaced with HK

3. Coharie put a K locking piece in the gun and not a 100 degree locking piece of which the gun was designed for, this lead to FTE's and the also violent recoil that was smashing the carrier into the front plate of the A2 stock.

4. The lower trigger pack is made of cheap soft metal which lead the the ejector coming loose in its retaining bracket and this made it move side to side about half a mm, this may not sound like much but during recoil the MP5 bolt needs to be relatively tight against the ejector in order to get a nice stiff ejection pattern in which it hits the casing consistently in one area. (this may also be an issue you are having.)

·
Registered
364 Posts
is there a number where they can be reached i thought they didn't have a web site
They dont have a website. I wouldn't call him at home though he might get mad. This is going to sound stupid to you but about 85% of the problems you discribed were fixed by simply replacing the extractor and using REAL HK mags in my past dealings. Hope this helps.............................Colt

User Name: Special Weapons
Email Address: [email protected]
Company Name: SPECIAL WEAPONS
First and Last Name: Todd Bailey
Address: PO BOX 22139
MESA, AZ 85277-2139
USA

Home Phone Number: 480-217-1120
Work / Alternate Phone: 480-830-5652
Fax: 928-396-1538

·
Registered
280 Posts
Isn't that Winchester White Box a big no no with Cohaire stuff?

Why is that?

What part of their gun is made below spec that would render it unable to fire a certain kind of ammo?
That is because Todd chose to try his hand at re-engineering HK's specs and use a cut down G3 hammer spring in his 9mm guns. That was a poor choice on his part to save some money at the customer's expense.

Basically, the WWB ammo isn't strong enough to overcome the additional resistance of the cut-down G3 hammer spring. And please do not attempt to cut the spring any shorter as that really doesn't work well either. Some ammo brands like S&B brass-cased however are apparently plenty strong enough to cycle Todd's guns despite having the incorrect hammer spring.

Genuine HKs, with the proper hammer spring installed, have little problem cycling even "weak" WWB ammo.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just got my CA89 2 weeks ago. I work on guns for a living and was shocked to see the warning about WWB ammo. I buy all my 9s from Walmart, $15.28 a box. 500 rounds plus later.........not even a hick-up! I changed the extractor and use HK mags. Ive been through this with Bobcat. So I didnt even chance it.................good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts