HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas is coming and I need help deciding what to buy myself!

I've narrowed it down to either an HK USPc v3 9mm or an HK P2000 v3 9mm. It will be mainly for use at the range & home protection and will probably be carried only on rare occasions. Pro's/Con's/Suggestions? Let me know what you like & why.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
P30

Your next purchase should be the P30. It comes standard with the V3 and is by far the most comfortable HK handgun available and very accurate. Do a search on the P30 and you will read all the great reviews and praise on the gun. You will not be dissapointed with the P30 and it will cause you to abandon your Sigs :).

Call Marshall at CDNN as he has them for $729.00

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
USPc

·
Registered
59 Posts
Christmas is coming and I need help deciding what to buy myself!

I've narrowed it down to either an HK USPc v3 9mm or an HK P2000 v3 9mm. It will be mainly for use at the range & home protection and will probably be carried only on rare occasions. Pro's/Con's/Suggestions? Let me know what you like & why.

Thanks for your help.
You need the HK P30. USP & P series are old technology. Get with the new. Just read the reviews.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You need the HK P30. USP & P series are old technology. Get with the new. Just read the reviews.

B'ah !!!!!

Until the P30 comes in Variant 9 w/ a manual safety, the USP series still gets my nod. Now, the HK45c, that has my interest.

Also, none of these guns are "new" technology.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Huh?!! I guess we should all retire our 1911s then. And I better dump my Rem 870 shotgun in the process.

I get it.... the bullet out of a P2000 or a USP will just bounce off the bad guy but the same bullet out of the P30 will stop him in his tracks, continue on and take out Iran's nuclear program, and then thanks to its heat seeking radar head straight for Usama's cave condo.

Take reviews (and what you read in gun forums in general) with a grain of salt though admittedly the P30 looks like a winner. Bottom line, get what feels best in your hand (and it may turn out to be the P30) and what meets YOUR needs and not someone else's. These are 3 excellent weapons and you won't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I can't argue with the P30, great gun with a great grip and trigger. If you want a 9mm then get the P30. The USPc is another great gun but based purely from your point of view and the prices involved, if I wanted a 9mm I would buy a P30 over a USPc 9mm or P2000 9mm. I love both the USPc and the P2000 and they offer others calibers that the P30, at this time, does not.

The senior citizen USPs and crotchety old P7 shoot just fine too, and with age comes wisdom. If you have not shot a P7M8 then this will fail to dawn on you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
"....with age comes wisdom."

Ain't that the truth. :) Wisdom aside, you just get plain smarter (of course the rest of you is falling apart.)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Another vote for the P30 at least do yourself a favor and try one on for size

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the responses.
I think the P30's have it with the USPc in second place. I will definately have to give the P30 some definate consideration!

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got to fondle a P30 at a recent funshow. very nice pistol! im not a huge fan of the 9mm though. id get a P2000 in 40SW.

since when did CDNN start making you CALL for prices on everything in the catalog? kinda goofy

J

·
0 Posts
for those who have a p2000 and uspc, which one is wider? Or are they pretty similar in size. The dimensions they have in their catalog seem a little off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts