HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking at this USC to UMP conversion and need help determining if its worth it, seller says his dad did the work which included milling out the magwell, hes asking $3300 for it

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That is very big question for having given such little info. My opinion based on what you are showing though, no. Out of curiosity, is a barrel included in this sale?.......

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Price is outrageous. ESPECIALLY without a barrel. Figure a gently used USC is $2200-$2500. The HDPS stock block is $195 new. UMP45 magazines are $50 each new. UMP 0,1 lower $269 new. UMP flashhider $100. UMP stock $50. Where is the rest of the money to justify the $3300 pricetag?

Foreend slots are not cut. Foreend rails not there. Top rail is a cheap UTG rail. A barrel is going to cost you $285-$500 depending on what you want (HDPS 7", HDPS 16", HK UMP45 7", HK USC 16", etc)

Offer $2500.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Still no. Hold firm at 2500. If what you see in the pics is what you get, $2500 is more than fair and I still think the seller is getting the better end of the deal.

Mr.Maim quoted NEW prices. Take money off for used. Take money off for sloppy do-it-yourself cuts in magwell (I have no problem with doing it yourself, but damn, clean it up a little and at least make it look like you know what you are doing). If you bought a USC for $2200, you'd at least have the rest of the USC to sell parts off of to make some money back. Did this guy use USC or UMP internals in the lower? Can't tell if stock is actual HK or airsoft or what. 2 mags? 2 mags for 3300? The weed must be good up in Washington. Awful nice of him to include a flash hider for the non-existant barrel. Can't tell from the pics condition of bolt or anything else. Were the hinges on the lower opened up or no? I'm sticking with $2500 is more than generous given the information you posted.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I would honestly take it for $2750 if you really want it and he won't budge. USC prices are going up. I sold a stock USC for $2500 on GB last year.

You can find 16 inch USC barrels for around $150 if you look around. It cost me around $2750 to build my UMP not including the mags and tax stamp. Although, I did have TBostic mill the vent holes and engrave it for me. I payed $1600 for my USC before they were discontinued. So if you price the USC around $2350 because of no barrel then the price is not great but fair.

Here is how much I spent.
USC 1600
Stock block 200
Brand new stock 100
UMP lower 300
TBostic work 250
Rails 100
Muzzle device 50
Barrel cut and thread 75
8 mags 480
Tax stamp 200

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The problem with that price list is 1: all the prices are new (except the USC which has obviously changed), and 2: half the stuff on that list isn't there or is not needed.

Yes, a USC will set you back around 2-2200. But, at least you have the whole damn rifle. All you get in that package is an upper with a crap dremel job and who knows what else done to it. No mention of what kind of rail, barrel pin which is worthless, an ejector which will most likely have to be replaced, no rails, and NO BARREL.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
I see what you are saying that is why I said it isn't a great deal.

Pricing it out as is:

receiver and bolt- 2000~2200
UMP lower- 250
two mags- 100
stock and stock block- 250
flash hider- 50

Anything from $2750 and under is fair.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would even argue the receiver and bolt aren't worth that much. 2200 is what you could get a complete USC for if you look hard and are ready to buy. The rest of the prices I agree with. I would also say the flash hider is worthless to him as there is no barrel, and even if he bought a barrel he would still need to get it threaded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts