HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun in reference is an HK93

I do understand that C&P is just an aesthetic modification to fill the pin holes on a lower, however my question is why isn't there just a hole there for a regular pin to go through?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Normally a hole would be there and the shelf would not. The shelf is there so that a semi auto trigger pack has something to engage. Clip and pinned trigger packs give the look of a full auto to a semi auto.

·
Banned
599 Posts
ive never seen um listed i dont really get the whole pinned idea either causse its fake they sell usa made triggerpacks that do not have holes in them, might try your hardware store or carplace maby.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,807 Posts
The reason why there isn't "just a hole there for a regular pin to go through? " is because ATF has deemed having the capability of affixing a swing down lower on this type of gun to be too easy to make into a machine gun and thus verboten.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow, that's another pretty dumb one there. I don't know much about these style weapons, but that seems too similar to an ar15 style gun and a hell of a different opinion.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,807 Posts
Not sure I follow your comment...

·
Registered
81 Posts
On AR-15, the lower receiver is the gun for legal purposes. If you have a lower that is drilled for an auto sear, then it is a machine gun. On an HK, the upper receiver is the gun for legal purposes. You can have all the full-auto capable lowers you want. No problem. If the upper can accept a full-auto capable lower, then it is a machine gun. The shelf welded into the upper prevents it from accepting a full auto lower. The shelf actually occupies the space in the lower where the auto sear (and take-down pin) need to go. I guess you could in theory drill a hole through the shelf to accomodate a pin, but I'm not sure the shelf is really big enough for the hole. I don't have a gun in front of me. Either way, I wouldn't suggest taking innovative approaches to this stuff. It's not worth it.

Clipped is a functional modification. Pinned is cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts