HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to remove the firing pin group from the back according to the manual: push and rotate 90 degrees. After I did that, the firing pin group was stuck and the gun is now useless. I can still turn the little circle in the back approximately 70 degrees, but it won't come out, now would it go back to its original state. Now, when I squeeze the lever, the whole slide would move back. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Lu

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Looks like You´re rotating it only half-way where You should be. Remember You need to squeeze the cocking piece a little while pushing against the bushing. Once You rotate it ALL THE WAY to the right, squeeze the cocker completely and the whole FP assembly will pop out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. That's what I did too and I have removed the group before. The problem is that now it is stuck, whether I squeeze the lever or not. Now when I squeeze, the slide would move back with the firing pin group.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I came across that with my psp,
1 try squeezing the cocking lever just as much as needed to remove fp assembly. (about 1/3 the distance the cocking lever can travel)
2 force/push the slide and fp assembly forward until it's relatively close to its proper spot.
3 twist counter clockwise until theres no tomorrow. Just try to get back to firing condition. Then mess with it later. Even buy the tool. I wish I did.
hope it helps
I know I was freaking out when that happened to my psp

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank, HKAS. That's exactly what happened to me.

When I squeeze the lever, the firing pin stays back, extending from the back, along with the slide. After I push it back, with the squeeze lever released, I can return it to the 12 o'clock position, but the gun does not fire. When you say turning it counter-clockwise, how far do you go? Do I need to go past the 12 o'clock position? Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont think you can go any further than 12 o clock with that.

I don't quite understand your last post.
So when you squeeze the lever does the firing pin stick out by itself or does the whole firing pin assembly stick out?

And when you release the lever are you saying that the firing pin won't go back it unless you push it in?

As far as the slide moving when you press the lever I have never encountered that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the reply. I am afraid that I have a much worse problem than you had. After playing around with it a little, I felt I have wasted enough time for it. I have just sent it to a gunsmith to fix it. Good thing that I have back p7 in the meantime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like I had the exact same problem with my P7 PSP you are having. See this thread...

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64203

There are some photos and other info there that may be informative. Turns out my firing pin bushing was bent, I think I pushed it in too hard while turning. I had to remove the drop safety and push the broken part of the bushing back into the channel so I could turn and remove the assembly. Hopefully your gunsmith will pick up on this quickly, it may save them lotsa time & you $$$. If you have this problem expect a new bushing to cost you around $90 from H&K.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the reply. Looking at your post, this is exactly what happened to me. Hopefully they can fix it quickly. I don't think I will be removing the firing pin group again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Removing the firing pin assembly is easy. I was looking at the directions for a P7M8 and I should have followed the P7 PSP directions and used the tool it came with, instead of a screwdriver.

Hopefully your gunsmith will figure it out and order the part right away, HK will get the part to you quickly too (less than 1 week). If it is the bushing as I suspect, they will have to replace it with a P7M8 bushing which will allow you to remove it without tools and further minimize any future complications when removing the assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts