HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took these in trade...what in the world are they?

1) Shortened Auto Carrier

2) Cut down barrel and trunion (cut to 12.5"? Odd sight tower/fsp, and handguards) Cetme? Value?

3) Bolt Head - What Mfg? No other stamping or markings other than scratched number.(Looks like Hk/SAR8 w/ Ground off markings?)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks as though someone was trying to make a CETME 'K'

That carrier looks like the one that came w my Vector G3k pistol

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
The bottom of the carrier thats shown ,is a Full auto carrier. The shorter carrier is probably for a 51. The G3k uses a standard length carrier,somebody shortened one of them. The barrel marking looks like a santa barbara or spanish markings,maybe from a cetme.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Vector put the 51 carrier in the G3k w a modified cocking support, at least the one in my safe was.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Vector put the 51 carrier in the G3k w a modified cocking support, at least the one in my safe was.
Maybe they did,but the original HK G3k,s had the standard length carrier. I think vector did that so custom builders can make em into 51,s.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes the originals (HK made) did. And it's possible Vector did it w that in consideration, or they just had a bunch of the 51 carriers around.

Whatever the case, it seems it would be harder to weld on an extension and refinish a cocking tube support than to just use a g3 carrier and a g3 cocking tube support.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Interesting.

CETME like the others have said, never seen a "k" style CETME setup, something custom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts