HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, been on many others for quite some time. I got the bug for a P7 and bought this PSP over the weekend. I am trying tio get some back ground on it and it doesnt have many of the markings that a lot of the ex police ones have. Can someone help identify if it is a commercial gun or a ex-police gun. It is in great shape but I am unsure on the year of manufacture. Here are the particulars from the pics.

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I believe the "Nds" marking signifies that it is a police trade in. It looks like a nice clean gun! Enjoy. (What did you have to pay?)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Specifically, NDS is the stamp for the Niedersachsen police, or Lower Saxony police in English.

They're the most common P7's around. There's some other stamps as well, I think BTS(?) is one of the others.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. To answer the question of price, I paid $800 all in with book, 2 mags and matching box. It seriously looks brand new in person and I liked that it didn't have all the normal markings I have seen with dates etc. it's very clean looking so I'm comfortable with the price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I really wanted a M8 but couldn't find one that wasn't $400 or so more and couldn't justify that extra.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is from the same "group" as the one I bought last weekend.

I bet the internals look BRAND new!

I paid $850 :-(

Sent from my iPhone 😡
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The mark within the square is called the Bundesadler (Federal Eagle).

The letters under the eagle will typically be struck BMI (Federal Ministry of the Interior) or BWB (Federal Office of Defense Technology and Procurement).

Any three-digit number marking under that will indicate what facility the weapon was proofed at.

The German government proofed the P7 pistols intended for their own use independent from those intended for commercial use, hence the lack of the stag antler marking (the proof mark of the Ulm proof house facility still used today).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all....I take her out Friday at lunch to shoot for the first time. I'm very excited as this is my first HK and such a unique gun....I have high hopes! Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts