HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was moving my USC trigger group over to my FBI lower. All went well, but while drifting out one of the axles, I inadvertently dislodged the locking lever pin. This caused the locking lever and its spring to come free of the locking lever housing. I don't seem to be able to reassemble it in a manner that works correctly.

Can someone direct me to some pictures/ instructions showing how these parts fit together? I did a number of searches both on this forum and on Google generally to no avail, but perhaps my search-fu is weak.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
This may help. I know it's for the SL8 but they're very similar FCG.

HK SL8-1 Trigger Group Breakdown

One thing to be aware of on a USC/UMP though, is that they use a metal ring retainer imbedded in the plastic on the left side of the lower (opposite side of ejection port) so when you're removing pins, push from left to right and install right to left. It makes taking the pins out easier and probably cuts down on wear for the retainers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I used that reference, but it does not provide any detail on how the locking lever fits together with its housing, spring, and pin.

Apparently I am the first guy to inadvertently take that assembly apart...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I assume you're talking the spring/pin that make up the locking lever? No idea how you got it apart. I can give you a pic of mine if it helps.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
It would be easiest if you provided a pic of how you put it back together that way members can determine if it's right or wrong..but the pin goes in the locking lever from right to left (right being the side with a spring notch) through the catch and spring with tension put on the spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts